[38]

I think it's the next day when I open my eyes again. I look around the room. I'm still in the hospital. I let out a sigh but just then I noticed Derek sitting at the chair next to my bed. I sit up and keep my stare at him. I want him to show me his red eyes. His Alpha eyes. I guess he understood that and changed his eyes but not to red color but to blue. I let out and threw my head back.

"I owe you" I say in a low voice. I see him shaking his head. He turns his eyes back to his normal ones.

"Are you feeling better?".

"I guess so" he nods at me. "I don't want to take pills" he looks at me without talking and I look back at him. "Not again".

"Yn, I promise you. Nothing will happen. They can help you" I let out a sigh. "I promise you. If something will be about to happen I'm going to kill that person. I promise you" I just stare at him. "Please".

"You promise?".

"I promise" I stare at him for a few minutes before I sigh.

"Fine" he lets out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you so much, Yn".

"With the first signs of pain I'm stopping them" I look away from him.

"As you wish" I felt tears forming in my eyes. "I'm going to inform Melissa" I nod at him and he walks outside.

I finally let my tears to stream down my cheeks. I take a few deep breaths trying to calm down. I can't do this right now. I stand up and go to bathroom and throw water on my face. I hear the door opening and I dry my face with a towel. As I walk outside I see Derek waiting for me.

"Are you okay?" he says in a careful tone.

"Yeah" I look at his hand and see the pills. "Do I have to take them now?" I look back on him.

"First we will go back home and after you will take them" I look back down at the pills.

"Okay".

"I'll be right next to you. I promise you that nothing will happen" my hands start being shaken so I pull them behind my back. Derek seems to notice it.

"Yeah. Umm ... I'll get changed into my clothes then".

"Are you sure that you're okay?".

"Yeah. I'm okay".

I take my clothes and walk to bathroom again. I take off the hospital clothes and wear mine. I stare at the mirror and let out a sigh. After I walk outside.

"Ready?" Derek asks me.

"Yes. Let's go".

We both walk outside and walk to his car. He opens the door for him and I enter. After he enters the car too and starts driving. He keeps checking on me from time to time. I decided to break the silence.

"What will happen to me when I take the pills?" I look at him as he keeps his stare at the road.

"You will feel like you want to sleep. That's all" I hate that.

"How many times the day will I have to take them?".

"2".

"And ... Before school?".

"No. Of course not. Whenever you want".

"Oh okay".

"When do you want to?".

"Umm ... After school and maybe ... Maybe the night before I go to sleep anyway" he nods at me.

"Alright".

"Will it affect me at lacrosse?" he looks at me and afterwards he looks back to the road.

"No. Melissa said that those pills are only for 4 hours. So while you will be asleep".

"Okay" he nods at me.

When we arrive back home I start feeling anxious. I don't want to take the pills but I promised Derek to take them. We both walk inside and go to the kitchen. He hands me a glass of water but my hands are too shaky to take it. Derek takes off his pocket the pills and hands me one. I just stare at it for a few minutes and after I look at Derek. I shake my head and leave the pill down.

"I can't".

"Yn, please. It will help you" I look at the pill again.

"I-I'm scared".

"I'm here for you. I'll be here to help you out with everything" I look at him and he nods at me. "Please" I let out a sigh and took the pill to my hands again.

My hands are still shaken and I don't know if I'll be able to take the glass of water to my hands without dropping. I look at Derek and he nods at me again. I take the pill but don't swallow it. I look back at Derek. He is really worried. I took the glass but my hands are shaky and a bit of the water is falling on my clothes. I manage to drink a bit and swallow the pill. Derek lets out a sigh of relief and walks near me. I look at him.

"I'm so proud of you" I give him a weak smile and he softly smiles back at me.

"Can I please have a hug?" I say in a low voice. He comes near me and hugs me. I hug him back tightly.

"I'm here. I promise you. I won't let anything happen to you".

"Promise?".

"I promise" that calms me to say the truth. After a while we pull away and stare at each other. I already started feeling sleepy and I guess Derek noticed that. "Want to go to sleep?".

"Umm ... "

"I won't come to your room. I promise you" I let out a shaky sigh and I nod.

"Okay".

"C'mon. Let's go".

We walk upstairs slowly. My hands haven't stopped, not even for a second, being shaky. As we entered my room, Derek stayed outside. I go and lay down to my bed and pull the covers over me. Derek is ready to leave but I talk.

"Thank you" I heard him stopping.

"For what?".

"For being patient" I can feel him smiling.

"See you in 4 hours".

"Yeah".

He closed the door and now the room is really dark. There is light in here at the moment. My head starts to hurt me a lot and I hate that. A few minutes later I managed to fall asleep fast enough.