[106]

I think it's around 7 pm when someone knocks on my door.

"Enter" the door opens and I see Derek. "You were never knocking. What changed?" he chuckles.

"Want to train?".

"I haven't train in months".

"Well now I'm back".

"Okay. Let me change and I'll be right there".

"Meet you at the woods".

"Don't hide".

"Oh I definitely will" I sigh but nod.

"Be right there".

He walks outside and I quickly change clothes.

I grab my phone and go outside

"I'm leaving".

I get out of the house and run to the woods. I try to stay as much concentrated as possible. When I arrive at the woods, I look around carefully. I remember Derek telling me to always be using my werewolf eyes so I change my eyes to red and look around. I start hearing footsteps so I stop moving and just listen.

"Yn?" I turn my eyes back to normal and turn around. I see Luna and Harlan.

"Guys? What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Training? What about you?" Harlan asks.

"Training" they look confused.

"Alone?" Luna asks.

"No. With my ... Cousin".

"Eli?".

"No. Eli is with my father" they look more confused than before. "It's a huge story. Harlan, you know my cousin. Derek Hale?".

"Oh yeah. He sold us the house with ... Peter Hale?".

"That's right. Peter is my father".

"Right. I remember that you told me about it".

"Yeah".

"So how do you train?" Luna asks.

"He hides and I have to find him" they look confused. "If I do something that he won't like or if I can't find him for a lot of time then he attacks me or drops me a stick".

"That sounds dangerous to be honest".

"It is but we heal".

"True" Harlan says and I nod. "We better get going though".

"Right. Our father needs us home before 8".

"See you at school, guys".

"See you" they both say and walk away.

A stick gets thrown but I catch it right before it hits me. I look up but didn't see Derek. I look around confused but don't change my eyes. It could be anyone. Something else gets thrown and I catch it. A bow? Fuck. I climb up a tree and hide there.

"Yn?" I hear a whisper and look around confused. Just then I heard a gunshot and close my ears. I get awful flashbacks from the gunshots. "Yn, it's me. Derek. Look at your right" I look slowly at the tree from my right side and see Derek up there. A few tears already streamed down my cheeks. "It's okay. I'm here. Alright? They won't find us".

"I have awful memories of the gunshots".

"I know but listen. I'm here. They won't hurt you. I'm here for you. I promise" I look down as I shut my eyes and cover my ears harder. Now I hear him muffled. "Yn, I'm here. I promise you. Nothing will happen. They will leave in a while".

I stopped listening to what he is saying and keep my ears and eyes close as hard as I can. I continue hearing the gunshots though. Suddenly I felt something and open slightly my eyes. I see a man with a gun right under the tree. He is looking around. He shots once and the bullet hits right next to me. I stay quiet as more tears stream down my cheeks. I close my eyes and ears again and I heard another gunshot. This one ended right next to my head. I open slowly my eyes, only to see the man walking away. My hands are really shaky and I can't breathe normal. I felt the tree moving and I open slowly my eyes. I see Derek next to me.

"I'm here. Hey" he whispers as he pulls me closer to him. "I'm right here. Take deep breaths. C'mon" I hide my face on his body as he keeps me near him to muffle my noises. "Shhhh. I'm here".

Flashback

The man that had taken me was pointing his gun at me right now. I wasn't able to do anything. Just stay on the floor bleeding. He shot on my leg but my blood was red. It was more dark red. It seemed more like black than red to be honest.

"YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE. DO YOU HEAR ME? YOU DON'T DESERVE ANYTHING. YOU DESERVE NOTHING. DID YOU HEAR ME, BITCH? NOTHING. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. YOU ARE A BITCH THAT IS HERE TO PLEASURE ME AND MY WIFE. WE ARE NOT YOUR PARENTS. YOUR PARENTS HATED YOU AND SENT YOU AWAY. YOU WERE SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT FOR THEM BUT YOU ARE FOR ME TOO. YOU CAN NOT DO ANYTHING CORRECT, ASSHOLE".

The next thing that I remember is that everything blacked out but the last thing that I heard was a gunshot. When I opened my eyes I saw tubes on me and I had a breathing mask on. I look around and notice that I'm at the hospital.

End of flashback

Derek manages to calm me down. He wipes my tears away and keeps me near him. When we are sure that the man is away from us, we get down from the tree and start running. We run at the school and breathe heavily. I sit down and place my hands on my head. Derek kneels in front of me and looks at me.

"Everything's okay. We are safe".

"I hate the guns".

"I'm here. Alright? Nothing will happen while I'm here with you" I nod at him. "C'mon. Let's go home".

"Okay".

We both stand up and start walking back home. When we arrive and entered, we see Peter and Eli turning their heads and looking at us confused.

"What is going on?" Peter asks.

"What?" Derek and I say at the same time.

"I feel stress and fear" Eli says and Derek looks at me.

"Sorry that I trained him" Derek sighs and we both look at them. "There were some people at the woods with guns" Peter stands up as he heard it. "We didn't get hurt or anything. I just got a little bit of scared".

"Are you okay?" Peter asks us.

"Yeah. We are okay" Derek and I answer.

"Who were they?" Eli asks.

"I have no idea and I don't think I want to find out to be honest" I say.

"Did they do something to you?" I shake my head and Derek looks at me.

"They didn't, Derek" Derek sighs and nods.

"Just shot next to you" Derek says.

"WHAT?" Peter says.

"It was next to me and I didn't get hurt. I'm okay now" Derek sighs.

"As you wish".

"Thank you. I'm going to change".

I grab my keys from the table and go to my room to change. I share the room with Eli again. Derek and Peter have the rooms that Eli and I had while they were 'dead'.