[124]

It's around 7:30 am. Eli and I are getting ready for school but I don't know if I actually want to go. David said that I could possibly have problems with how I read or talk with others. I don't want it to happen. I'm so stupid that yesterday I didn't study something to be seen if I actually had any type of problem with it.

"Yn?" Eli says and I snap out of my thoughts. "You okay?".

"Yeah. I was just thinking".

"Something serious?".

"Nah. Just that I haven't done anything for school today and I have three classes with the coach".

"Sucks to be you" I chuckle.

"Can't say that I disagree" he smiles and shakes his head. "Let's go".

I grab my helmet and my keys, Eli takes his helmet and we walk outside. We take breakfast but I see my dad staring at my helmet. Doesn't he want me to drive?

"Is something wrong with my helmet?" I ask him straightforwardly and he looks at me.

"Do you really want to drive?".

"Yes. Why?".

"Don't you think it's dangerous?".

"I have been driving for months now. I can't understand what you're implying".

"He means after the surgery" Eli says and I look at him. Then I look back to my dad.

"Are you serious right now? Didn't you say that this surgery won't change anything?".

"And I meant it".

"Then what's the problem with me driving? What will I do? Drive off a cliff? I have Eli with me" my dad looks at Eli and then at me. We all see Derek walking out of his room and entering the kitchen. I look back to my dad and he looks back at me.

"What is going on?" Derek asks as he takes his coffee and sits down.

"He doesn't want me to drive" I keep my stare at my dad.

"The car or ... "

"No. The motorcycle" he remains silent and I look at him. "You can't believe the same".

"You will have Eli with you. It could be dangerous".

"I have been driving Eli for months to school".

"Yn, come on. Please".

"Then let's do it differently if you are scared that something will happen to Eli. You will drive him at school and I'll drive alone".

"No. That's not happening. You're not going alone" my dad says.

"Then what the fuck do you want me to do?".

"Let us drive both of you at school".

"No fucking way".

"Yn, please. It's safer".

"Safer my ass. See you at school, Eli" I grab my helmet and my keys and walk outside. I hear footsteps behind me. When I put my helmet on, I see Derek.

"Yn, come on. We want to protect you".

"You both said that no matter what happened in that damn hospital, nothing will change now that I got out of the hospital. You had promised".

"We just worry about you".

"I'm not denying that. I just can't be living with the fear that something will happen. I love riding with my motorcycle. You both can't understand shit from this feeling" he sighs.