[49]

I walk back home. It's around 7 am. As I entered all the lights were on and I saw Derek sitting at the window. As I closed the door he turned around and looked at me. My eyes are burning me. We stay in silence. No one says anything for a few minutes but afterwards I run at him and hug him tightly. He hugs me back and keeps me near him. I felt again tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm sorry" he says in a low voice. "I shouldn't lie. I know. I'm sorry".

"You shouldn't be sorry. I'm sorry that I reacted like that" he shakes his head.

"You were right. I should tell you about Eli. I shouldn't keep it a secret".

"It's okay" we pull slightly away. His eyes are red. Just like mine. "You shouldn't cry about that. Everything's alright".

"Sure?".

"Absolutely".

"Thank you" we stare at each other for a few seconds. "Where were you the whole night?" I can sense his stress.

"At the river" I slightly lower my stare. "I wanted to think everything that happened recently" I looked up to him again. "About Void, Malia, the jail ... Us".

"Can you please tell me what happened? What did Void do to you? Malia? Jail? What happened with all these?" I softly smile.

"It's a really long story and I don't think that it's the best thing to talk about".

"Okay. As you wish".

"Thank you" he softly smiles at me. "Umm ... Can I ask you something?".

"Sure. Anything".

"Who's Eli's mother?" he shakes his head.

"I don't know. Eli doesn't tell me".

"Why not?".

"I don't know and I'm not asking anymore".

"Good idea to be honest".

"Yeah".

"Well. I'm going to change so I can go to school and I'm going back downstairs".

"Go ahead".

I nod and walk upstairs. I quickly change my clothes:

 I quickly change my clothes:

And walk downstairs. Derek throws me my keys and I leave. I wear my helmet and drive at school. A few minutes later I arrived and walked inside quickly. As I enter the class (economic) I see Ethan. I go and sit next to him.

"Good morning" I say.

"Good morning, Yn".

"Everything's alright? You seem ... Confused".

"I'm trying to study for the economic test that we are writing today. The one that we both lost a few days ago".

"We do what?".

"Didn't you know that?".

"Absolutely not" the coach walks inside and I sigh.

"You will sit away from each other" I sigh and go and sit away from Ethan.

The coach hands us the test and afterwards sits down. Okay. That looks easy for some reason. I'm done a few minutes later. I go and hand the test at the coach.

"Are you sure that you're done, Hale?".

"Yes, coach. I think I did quite good".

"I hope so".

I walk out of the class and smile softly. The day goes off. I go outside and go to my motor. I see Ethan running towards me.

"Yn, wait" I take off my helmet.

"Everything's alright?".

"Yeah. I ... I want to tell you something".

"Did something happen?".

"Not really. Well I'm kind of leaving Beacon Hills".

"Oh".

"Yeah".

"Will you ever come back?".

"Well I hope I will. I don't want to leave all of you behind" I softly smile.

"Go and do a really good beginning. Start over. Alright? You need it and deserve it".

"I will. Thank you, Yn. For everything and if you ever need something I'm a call away".

"Good to know that".

"So. I hope I'll see you soon".

"Absolutely".

We smile at each other and then he drives away. I wear my helmet again and drive back home. As I enter I see Peter staring at me.

"Since when did we agree you living here?" I say as I close the door.

"Since Malia moved in".

"Whatever".