[103]

It's Saturday. In the morning I wake up quite early. Around 7 o'clock. I change into clothes for the day, grab my keys, my phone, the letters and my helmet and walk outside. I see Eli sitting in the kitchen eating his breakfast. When he sees me, he looks confused.

"Where are you going?" he asks me.

"At the Sheriff station" I say as I slam the door close. I put on my helmet but then the door opens again.

"Yn, wait. I'll come with you".

"Stay home".

I quickly drive away. A few minutes later I arrived at the Sheriff station. I take my helmet off and walk inside. I saw just Jordan.

"Yn?".

"Hey. Is Sheriff here?".

"No. Can I help?".

"Definitely" I leave the letters on his desk.

"What are those?" he takes them and looks at them.

"I want this to stop. I know for sure that many people that work here warned them but they haven't stopped. This has to stop".

"You know what you ask me. Right?".

"Yes. To go to the court".

"You know who the judge is?".

"Yes and I know for sure that she will send me to jail but I can't continue arguing with Eli and everybody around me about them" he nods at me.

"Take a seat" I sit down and look at him. "Can you tell me their names?".

" [Four names and last names] ".

"For how long have they been sending you those?".

"Before summer. When Scott killed that innocent man" he nods at me as he writes it down.

"Who will go to court against them? Just you?".

"Yes. Just me" he looks at me.

"A little help would be great. Don't you think?".

"I don't want Eli to get in it. The judge better not see him at all".

"Any friends?".

"I don't want to involve anyone in it" he nods at me.

"As you wish but you better know that there are chances of you ending up in jail".

"I've got experience. I'll be okay" he sighs and nods.

"Sheriff will call you when everything's ready. Okay?".

"Okay. Thanks" he nods at me.

I take my helmet and walk outside. I put on my helmet and drove back home. As I arrive, I sigh. It's dangerous. Risky. I walk inside and see Eli walking left and right anxiously. When the door closes behind me, he looks at me.

"What happened?".

"Sheriff will call me when everything's ready".

"Okay. We will go together. Right?" I shake my head.

"I'm going alone".

"Yn, no. If there are chances-"

"I don't want you to be involved in it. Okay? The judge better not see you at all. You won't come there".

"You can't ask me that".

"I ask you that and you better do as I say. I don't want you involved" he sighs.

"You're my cousin, Yn".

"That's why you won't come".

"But it's about me too. Those letters say my name in it" I sigh.