[34]

Derek and I burn the file. I stare at the fire as it burns the papers. It calms me. I like that.

"I better call Stiles and apologize" I say as I look at Derek. He nods at me and walks inside. I take my phone and call Stiles.

"Yn?".

"Hey, Stiles".

"Hey. Are you okay?".

"Yeah. I'm fine. I wanted to apologize for the way that I talked about before. I ... I didn't mean to seem rude and all these".

"It's okay, Yn. I understand".

"Thank you".

"Always, Yn" I hear a sound from the forest.

"Hey, Stiles? Derek is calling for me. We will talk tomorrow at school. Okay?".

"Okay. See you tomorrow".

"Bye" we hang the phone. "Hello?" I see something like ... A wolf? No. That's not a wolf. That a coyote. I try not to make any fast moves. "Derek?" I try not to yell.

He doesn't listen to me. Why? The coyote tries to attack me but I run away into the forest. I arrive at the river and jump up from it. I thought the coyote would stop but it didn't. It jumps and bites me. I pull it away and shift. It stops moving for a moment and its eyes turn to blue. That's not a coyote. That's a werecoyote. It runs away really fast and I try to follow it but I lost it. I heard footsteps behind me but didn't turn.

"Yn?" I turn my head and see Derek then I look back in front.

"A werecoyote".

"What?".

"A werecoyote attacked me" I looked down at my leg. It's bleeding. Then I turned around to face Derek. I shifted back to normal. "It had blue eyes".

"I have never seen a werecoyote before around here".

"But I saw it".

"I believe you. It's just confusing. That's all".

"Do you actually believe me?".

"Of course I do, Yn. It bit you".

"If it hadn't bit me?" he just stares at me. "Would you believe me then?" he doesn't say anything. "You don't believe me. Not even now. Right?" he remains silent. "It wasn't a wolf, Derek. Not even werewolf. It was a coyote. A werecoyote".

"There aren't werecoyotes. That's all".

"Derek, I promise. I'm not lying".

"Maybe it was a wolf, Yn. Maybe you didn't see it clearly because you were running. Maybe it wasn't even real".

"And the bite?".

"You ... "

"I didn't bite myself. You have got to believe me".

"Let's just go back home. Okay?".

"Derek, please. I'm not lying. It was right here. I saw it. I ran behind it".

"Then where is it now?".

"It ran away".

"I don't know, Yn".

"Derek". 

"I can't believe something that you can't prove to me".

"I promise you. It was real".

"I don't know".

He turns around and starts walking back home. I walk right next to him trying to persuade him. He didn't believe me. When we arrived back home we both went to our rooms. I'll prove to him that it was real. That I'm not lying. When he fell asleep, I took my phone, left for him a note and left for the forest. I turn my eyes to blue but that's all. I have to be able to see clearly around. I heard a sound behind me and I turned around. It attacked me. The werecoyote again. We started fighting but I managed to take a photo of it. I hope it's clear because after that my phone fell away from me as we continued fighting. Its eyes turn to blue and it stares at me. I stare back at it. It's human. That werecoyote is human. It runs away again. Like the morning. I grabbed my phone, put it back to my pocket and ran behind it. I lost it. Why is it so fast?

I gave up and walked back to mine and Derek's apartment. I tried to enter really quiet but when I opened the door, I saw Derek standing at the table with his arms crossed staring at me. I curse under my breath and close the door. I walk closer to him.

"You're crazy" he says in a quite angry voice.

"I have proofs this time. I took a photo. I don't know if it's clear but I took it" I took out my photo.

"I don't wanna hear another excuse, Yn. You left while I was asleep. What if something bad had happened".

"But it didn't".

"What if the wolf had hurt you?".

"Werecoyote".

"Stop believing those bullshits".

"I have proof".

"I don't wanna see it".

"Derek, please. It's a werecoyote. It's real".

"I don't care. You can't be leaving the apartment at night without telling me first".

"I left you a note".

"It doesn't work like that, Yn. What if something had happened in the forest? Huh? What if you had gotten really badly hurt?". 

"But I didn't, Derek. I didn't. I'm okay".

"Okay? That's okay?" I sigh.

"Let me just show you the photo and you will-"

"Why can't you understand that it was stupid?" I lower my stare slightly. "You can't be leaving the apartment like that. At least wake me up. We could go together".

"But you don't believe me".

"And I never will if I don't see it in front of me. The stupid photo that you put your life in danger for means absolutely nothing to me".

"I wanted to prove you that I wasn't lying".

"Wake me the fuck up".

"I'm sorry".

"Go to sleep and your phone will stay here".

"But, Derek-"

"No buts" I sigh and hand him the phone.

"I didn't want to worry you".

"Go upstairs".

I sigh and walk upstairs. I'm not responsible. Nothing happened. Nothing.