f i v e

A Y L A

"Hey, Mum." I kissed her cheeks after rushing downstairs. "Bye Mum."

"Young lady, put your ass back on the dinning table. You're not going out unless you finish your breakfast." She narrowed her eyes, placing the plate full of breakfast on the table.

"I'll be late for the school." I groaned, looking at Dad for help who just chuckled, scanning her wrist watch.

"I swear Ayla, if you keep skipping breakfast, I'll make you grounded for a whole month." She hissed, handing me the orange juice.

I frowned and with no options left, sat one the chair across Dad who grinned. "Can't help, Ayla. You should listen to your mother."

I hate breakfasts. I can't process to like stuffing my stomach at seven in the morning. But Mother will pierce the knife through my chest if I dare to skip it.

She's a professor at University where she teaches Human anatomy and my Dad's a neurosurgeon. They met during their college days and fell in love. And they've a happy marriage so far. Although they fight most of the days, they couldn't live without each other.

I ate the sandwich and gulped down the orange juice.

"Grandma called last night. She wants to meet you." Dad said which instantly made me happy.

"She's coming here?"

"No. She asked me if this time you can visit her." He replied.

I blinked, not believing what he said. "Am I going to Delhi?"

He nodded. "If you don't want then-"

"Dad." I yelled, cutting him in middle. "I'd love to go.”

He chuckled. “Finish this semester and then you're ready to go for a month long trip.”

“Thankyou.” I smiled widely and stuffed toast in my mouth.

Soon, I heard the honking sound of Selena's car, so I rushed out.

“Good morning, sweethearts.” I sang, sliding in the backseat, next to Xavier.

“Why are you so happy in the morning?” Selena, yawned, igniting engine of the car.

I grinned. “I'm going to visit Delhi.”

“Just for trip right?” Selena asked.

“Off course, silly. Though I'd love to stay there, I can't say goodbye to my life here.” I passed her the energy bar that I had in my bag.

She's sucker for energy bars. And it's more like our ritual to give her bars in the morning and then Xav does the same in evening.

“Take me with you too, bitch. I'm bored of my life.” Xavier groaned.

“Says the guy who sleeps with new girl everyday.” I rolled my eyes at him.

You see, Xav is what you can call a typical playboy of highschool. I don't know what's his deal, he loves breaking hearts. And sometimes, it's me and Selena who suffers from all this. All his bed mates thinks that he's in relationship one of us. So, they kind of cuss us and despise our very existence.

Xavier's handsome. With his blond hair and green eyes, he's definitely one of the hottest boy I've ever seen. I remember having crush on him back when we were thirteen or something. I dreamt of my happy ending with him. It was silly, I know. But he was my best friend and the only male friend that was around me. I developed crush on him when we were playing hide and seek and I fell on the ground. My knee got scratched and he blew air on my bruises and it happened all of sudden, I looked at him and my heart started pounding.

But then after a month or so, my crush on him got crushed when I read a romance novel where the female character falls for her best friend. I didn't like the idea of best friends turning into lover. It was absurd.

We've already talked about this. Xavier told me that he had crush on me too. When we were fifteen, he thought I was pretty when I wore red floral dress for my birthday party and then few days later, he realised that he's crushing on Selena too.

Well, Selena never had any sort of feelings for him though. She never thought of him as someone who could be attractive.

But now, we all are pretty much over our silly crushes. And I'm glad we did.

“What's going through your head, Ay?”

I shrugged my shoulders but then I remembered what I had done last night. “I sort of did something....Err...I asked Axel to have sex with me.” I blurted out.

And all of the sudden, she halted the car brakes and their head snapped in my direction.

“What?”

“Come again.”

I gave them a nervous laugh. Oh boy! They need some explanations.

“I met him last night in the club and we talked for a bit and then you know, I kind of asked me why didn't he dance with me? So he countered that what's he's getting in return? I replied that let's have sex after dancing together for a week.” Minus the thing that I told him about making him happy.

That'd be too much for them to handle. And God! I don't know why I said that. I mean sure, I'd love to have sex with him. After all, my first time and that too whith the hottest guy our school? I'm going to live the dream of many girls.

I honestly don't have control on my mouth around him. I keep on saying what's come to my mind.

And last night, I felt bad for him. Maybe it was pity, I don't know. When I saw him getting humiliated infront of me, I just wondered that what it'd be to make a guy happy who looks sad everyday. Even though, his expressions never reflects, I know that he's not happy.

“You're crazy, you know that?” Xavier laughed but Selena, well she was still in shock.

“And he agreed for it?” She asked.

“Yep.”

“Bitch. Congratulations.” She screamed in excitement.