t h i r t y - f o u r

AYLA

"Oh, hey, Xav." I grinned in excitement after receiving him from the airport.

I've just gotten over with my hospital shift and since Selena had a fight with him, Xavier called me to pick him up from the airport which I'm totally glad about since I was missing him so much.

We've spent our childhood and high school together and now that we're all grown up, I'm still not able to digest that we can't be togather all the times.

"Miss me?" He asked, once he sat inside the car.

"Yes, offcourse, Xav."

"How's your boyfriend?" He asked, making a weird face.

"He's alright and stop acting sour all the time. You said that you're okay with me dating Axel." I rolled my eyes.

"Axel?" He knitted his brows.

I clenched my eyes at my stupidity. Why my tongue had to slip and that too while taking Tyler's name?

"Uh, What?" I tried to play cool. Maybe I can act to make him believe that he heard wrong.

"Don't outsmart me, Ayla. I heard you saying that motherfucker's name. Don't tell me you're still fucking crazy about him? I swear to-"

"Geez, relax." I whispered. "I had a patient of the same name today, it might be because of that." I lied.

He narrowed his eyes at me but then decided to let go of the topic. "Tyler's nice. He adores you."

"And just a minute back you were being sour about him." I teased, turning on the engine.

"Get married and have babies with him then." He chuckled.

My body grew tense at his words. Something in me irked at the idea of marrying Tyler. "You know right that I only like him and nothing else?" I whispered, glueing my eyes to the windshield.

"I know and it's okay. You'll learn to love him one day." He smiled.

I swallowed a think lump down my throat. "And what if I not?"

"Then leave him. You told him from the start that you don't see future in him." He shrugged.

"And will you guys judge me for it? Also, I don't want to break Tyler's heart." I whispered.

"Ayla, don't tell me that you're planning to break-up with him?" He asked, getting serious.

I shook my head. "No. It's not that."

"Then?"

"I'd learn to love him someday, right?" I asked.

"Off course. Just give some time."

I nodded. He's lying and he knows that. No matter how hard I try, I won't ever be able to fall in love with Tyler. I-I just couldn't.

I shook my head and forced myself to smile. We're going to Tyler's house to celebrate his winning of the grand project. I've bought a bouquet of flowers for him along with some home made cookies. Since he's sucker for the cookies I bake.