t w e n t y - s i x

AYLA

I nodded my head at the Bollywood song blasting through my earphone as I walked towards Axel's house. His father's house. Hopefully, I'll find him there. And if not then I'll call him and tell him to meet me.

My heart fluttered with excitement and anticipation. I'm finally going to confess my feelings. I've brought ten white roses for him and a strawberry gum. Since the last time, he told me that he likes my strawberry lip balm, I'm going to give this to him and ask if I can taste him after he chews the gum.

I blushed, profusely.

I took out the handwritten letter from my pocket and read it again to see if I'd written everything perfectly or not.

Axel,

The hero of my story and the guy who danced with me.

I don't know where to start. After you left, I decided to tell you about what I feel for you. So, I'm writing this letter to you. I'm an old-school soul, you see. I grew up listening to old Bollywood melodies with my Dad and the way they describe romances in those songs, I literally live for them.

And when I first met you, I knew that my heart will someday beat for you. Told you, I'm a hopeless romantic. But it was different with you. I saw darkness in you, your pain, your anger, your frustration, your sadness. I saw it all in you and maybe it was out of pity. Maybe my heart beats for you because I feel sympathy for you.

I don't know about it all. But I like you. I like you, Axel Gray.

I want to graduate high school with you, I want to attend college with you, I want to go back to the carnival with you and this time kiss you under the fireworks, I want to dance with you to the Hindi song, I want to share ice cream with you on a winter night, I want to do all the things in the world but most of all I want to make you believe that I like you from the bottom of my heart.

If I'll tell you that I like you, you'll believe me, right?

I grinned and folded the letter back. As I reached his house, my lips twitched in surprise. His house was so big just like a mansion.

I scratched my head, how am I going to see him here? I plugged the earphone out of my ear and walked through the gate.

I was about to take out my phone and call him when I heard a sharp scream. I flinched in fear and turned around only to see Axel with a knife in his hands. I blinked in confusion, not getting why he had such a big knife in his hand. He had his back towards me and probably there was someone else.

I arched my head and the second I saw his father there, Axel pushed the knife through his father's abdomen.

I screamed in shock but someone covered my mouth with their palm, not letting my scream come out. I turned my head and found that it was Tyler. He gestured for me to not scream again.

My body started shaking in fear. Tears filled in my eyelids when I heard his father's scream. He fell to the ground, blood spluttering out of his abdomen.

Axel sat next to him and laughed. The sound of his laughter made my skin crawl in disgust. I started struggling to breathe and tried to remove Tyler's palm from my mouth but he didn't. In the letter I wrote for him, gums and roses fell on the ground.

Axel stabbed him again, this time more ruthlessly. Tears started streaming down my face. H-He killed his own father?

My heart twisted in disbelief and I almost felt like throwing up when he started stabbing his father multiple times even though his father was already dead.

A petal from the rose flew there and in no second the white rose was washed with the fresh blood of his father.

I stood frozen at my place, trying to calm down my mind. Everything was crashing in front of me, everything was-

I don't know for how long he kept on stabbing his father in the gut and for a long I stayed motionless when I heard the siren of police cars along with Axel's scary laugh.

Soon the cops entered and pointed the gun at him. He still had a smile on his face as he gets up and threw the knife on the ground. He put his hands up in the air but his eyes were still on the dead body of his father.

My heart dropped into the pits of my stomach and my head started spinning, not being able to digest what had just happened.

Handcuffs locked around his wrist and he easily let them do it without any reluctance.

He was about to be dragged when all of sudden his eyes fell on me. The smile on his face vanished in no second. Tyler let go of me and when our eyes met for a brief second, for the first time I saw danger in them.

He quickly drifted his eyes away from me and said something to the cops. And then he was taken away.

And just like that, my teenage dream ended right there.   

A/N

Hey, sorry for the short chapter. I h I just wanted to show this chapter because from here, everything will change. Can't wait to write more.