f o r t y - s i x

AYLA

Chewing the back of my pen, I stared at the clock on the wall. I haven't heard anything from Axel since last night. He went out somewhere and I really don't want to be nosy in his affairs but God, I'm dying to call him or atleast send him a text. Probably it's because I'm missing him?

I rolled my eyes in frustration and put my head on the table but then the door flew open and the professor under whom I'm a resident, walked in. I quickly forced a smile on his face and pull out back of the pen from my mouth.

"Morning, Mr. Park."

He nodded. "Aren't there any patients today?"

In his words, why I'm chilling free when the waiting room is getting bombarded with the patients. "Uh, I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Go ahead and stop chewing the goddamn pen." He replied.

I passed him a tight smile and sat across him on the chair. Mr. Park is in his late forties and if I say that he's best in the field of psychiatry, I really mean he's the best. He's top tier in his profession and for that I can even argue with the wall. Though he's little cranky and sometimes rude but working under him is such a huge deal. I mean, from my batch, everyone had a dream about it but then I got lucky along with two of my batchmates.

"There's this person I want you to see. He had some pretty serious issues but um, it has to be confidential. He's not a normal citizen, I guess?" I blabbered out in nervousness.

His eyes narrowed but then he nodded his head. "Give me his files."

Oh. Okay. Wow.

I grinned, getting up from my seat and handing him Axel's file. He pushed his glasses over the bridge of his nose and scanned through the file. His eyebrows raises for a split second before he masked it and then sighed. "Last time I heard, that Billionaire boy was your boyfriend?"

"We split up." I answered hoping that he won't ask any other questions.

"Look, I'd be very honest with you. I've a family back in Seoul and even though I'm divorced, I want to be there for my children. If I sensed even a slightest risk to me because of this man, I'm calling the cops." He said in a stern tone.

I nodded. "Yeah, I'd make sure he means no harm to you."

"Call him."  He demanded.

I struggled with exactly what he's upto but since I desperately want him to treat Axel, I grabbed my phone and dialed his number. To my suprise, he received the call in no second.

"Hey." I whispered, a part of me frowning that what if he refuses to come.

"Get back your ass to the game, I was about to beat you this time." A familiar voice boomed in the background and I couldn't help but knit my brows in confusion.

Was it Tyler?

I shook my head at such an absurd thought. Why would Axel and Tyler be together and that too playing some game? But, I clearly heard it. The voice wasn't of Nate. Then?

"Hey, Ayla." Axel said.

"Can you come to the hospital where I work? I'll text you the address. Professor Park wants to meet you." I asked, hesitantly.