t w e n t y - f o u r

AYLA

"Ugh, I'm not wearing this, Selena." I said, looking at myself in the mirror.

She smacked her lips together to even out her lipstick then quickly ran her eyes on me. "Why are you being so modest, bitch?"

I rolled my eyes. "You know that I'm anything but modest."

"Exactly my point after all you fucked Axel Gray." Xavier chuckled, fixing his hair.

I turned my face back to the mirror and blushed, profusely remembering the orgasm Axel gave me last night. Stop, don't go there or else they'll get to know that I'm hiding something from them.

I straighten my hair and applied the pink gloss on my lips. The peach-coloured dress hugs perfectly to my body. The V cut collar run deeps to my cleavage and the dress flares down to my mid-thigh. Uh, I like this dress. It's sexy. I bought this when me and Selena went for a window shopping few months back because she needed to de-stress herself. Have I mentioned earlier that retail therapy is her kind of thing?

If I was genuinely interested for going on this blind date then I might've flaunted the dress. I don't care if it's revealing, I'm okay with showing my skin. There was this time when I was fifteen and started reading cute romance novels where the bad boy always for the good girl because she's different from every other girl. She wears hideous clothes, she hates makeup, she judges the other girls who sleep around, she's innocent and disgusted by sex before the bad boy who's the playboy ignites lust in her yet she still hides her feelings because good girls are supposed to be innocent in the books.

And then started my phase of becoming that girl. I started wearing lose hoodie and sweatpants to school with my hair grabbed in a messy bun and oh, I wore fake spectacles in a hope that I'm going to have my own teen romance until one day when Selena and Xavier bleached my hair when I was asleep and next when I woke up, I had an existential crisis. I cried for hours but when I took a good look of myself in the mirror, I actually liked my hair. And that's it, that was the end of my good girl phase.

After that I read tons of other books with different kind of female protagonist. I liked some of them and I hated others to my heart but they all were worth reading. I learnt that there's nothing wrong and nothing right in this world unless you're comfortable with yourself. Who am I to judge the girl who sleeps with every other boy or the one who doesn't like sex at all? I'm different from them that doesn't makes all of them wrong. They are just them.

"How am I looking, fuckable, am I not?" Xavier asked to which Selena almost gagged.

"If you were the last person on the earth and I've to reproduce to survive the humanity then too I would've never fucked you, asshole." She laughed, passing me a high five.

"You look good, Xav. Don't mind her but on a serious note, why are you going with us? Are you really bored or something?" I asked.

Selena rolled her eyes. "I'm telling you that he might be carrying sexually transmitted infections. This boy bedded three girls in one week."

I looked at Xavier and let me clarify, however Selena makes fun of him, we both know that he's quite charming but anyways, they both love bickering with each other, so I've stopped taking sides anymore.

***

We reached the open roofed restaurant and as planned we all split on the seats from where we can't see each other. I sat on my table and admired the view of cosy evening. The night lightening and music was nice here. I received the texts from Xavier that his date is some pretty girl and that he was glad to come with us. I rolled my eyes because I know that he was purposely trying to irritate me. He's very well aware that I didn't want to come here.