f o r t y - e i g h t

AYLA

I looked around, mesmerized. The rush of capital city, smell of freshly fried street snacks, a small flower shop in the corner with an old lady selling fresh roses and marigolds, narrow ally in the left, traffic police in white navigating the traffic, light showers from the dark clouds, children returning from school in buses, street vendors selling vegetables and lavish buildings looking at a distant.

I smiled, brightly. "Welcome to my country." I said to both Axel and Nate who were looking everywhere around in daze.

Visiting different country always hits different but coming back to the place which is part of your culture feels much more than that. I was very young when I visited Delhi last time. I remember it was summer and in scorching heat, I was jumping around in joy to see all the historical monuments with my grandmother. This place holds so many memories and piece of my heart is buried deep into my culture roots.

I might not be the most appropriate person to talk about my culture but I know all about it. My parents made sure that I never forget my roots and my grandmother made sure to be in love with it.

A pang of grief hit me at the thought of my grandmother but I pushed it aside and placed a big smile on my face. I'm here to celebrate her. To celebrate her as a person who might be somewhere far in the heaven but she'll always hold a special corner.

I was wondering for so long to come here but something always came up. And when Axel offered to accompany me, I just couldn't say no. It was like a jackpot to me; to be here with my Axel.

I flushed.

Once I reached the familiar house built like a modern mansion with old bricks and mortar, I found a man in his late fifties, greeting us at the door.

I remember him, he's the man who takes care of the house since no one lives her now. My father occassionally calls him to know about the whereabouts. I folded my hands infront of him and bowed a little. He passed me a warm smile.

Axel quickly tried to repeat my actions and folded his hands and bowed deeper, more like Koreans. I laughed at how cute he looked while doing so.

I tugged his arms and walked inside the house.

Nate looked tired from the journey so I showed him his room and Axel followed me to another room.

I sat on the bed, streching my limbs and yawning. "I'm so tired from the journey." I mumbled, shifting the air conditioner to twenty four instead of sixteen. Guess, I'm not young anymore.

"Are you okay?" Axel asked, coming closer to me and massaging my neck.

I parted my lips in relief and hummed in response. "God, you're really good with your fingers."

His hands stopped for a second and I don't need to look at him to know that his cheeks might've turned red. I love teasing him and I enjoy this side of him where I can make him shy even though he's anything but shy in the bed.

Ever since we had sex few days back, I couldn't stop myself from drowning in pleasure with him. It was beautiful; the feeling of being close to each other's naked body.

"Ayla."

"Mhm."

"Are you okay?" He asked, again.