t w e n t y - o n e

AYLA

Okay, stop my beating heart.

I straighten the crease on my skirt plates and after throwing the bag on my shoulders, I started walking out of the school gate. The sun had already settled down and almost all the students left for their home and here I secretly waited in the library for everyone to go so that I can finally meet Axel.

Selena and Xavier will literally kill me if they get to know about it, so yeah, I hide in the library for hours for everybody to disappear.

A ghost of smile was fighting on my face to appear. I got the same tingling sensation in my belly which I earlier used to have.

Though I'm excited, I'm pretty nervous too.

I shook my head to clear every thoughts and once I reached outside, I looked around for him. To my bad luck, there was no sight of him. Frowning, I was willing to impatiently wait for him when I heard someone's scream from the other corner. I told myself to ignore it as it was almost dark and going into that empty alley sounds scary.

But then a sudden thought hit me.

What if it's Axel?

My body stiffened in fear and with heavy heart, I took hesitant steps towards the road that crosses the next block. When I saw shadow of someone, I quickly hide behind the wall and tried to get a clear view.

And I was right.

There was Axel. And with him, there was someone else too.

“I've fucking warned you, haven't I?” Alex gritts his teeth in anger as punched the other man in the gut.

That man winced in pain, whispering something which wasn't audible to me.

Axel covered his mouth with the palm and then shoved a kick into his gut.
“Don't scream. I'm going to meet my girl and if she hears you, I swear I'll kill you, motherfucker.” He hissed.

I bite on my bottom lips, feeling the urge either to scream at him in anger or to throw up in disbelief.

What had happened to him? What had happened in these last three months that he turned to be like this?

God, why do you have to be so cruel on him? That boy had no one yet you snatched his mother away from him? And now he's messed up.

“Man, just let me go. I apologise for clicking your pictures about your whereabouts. Your father offered me enough sum and I was in desperate need of money.” The other man cried in pain, clenching his stomach and rolling on the ground.

Axel bent his knees to sat on the ground as he picked up the camera and few photographs. He looked at them intently and then laughed. “That bastard isn't my father.” And then he smashed the camera on the floor, crushing all the photographs beneath his shoes.

I blinked, not understanding a thing he was talking about. His father hired someone to follow him? Who does that? And why did he say that he's isn't his father? Okay, what's going on with Axel?

“I don't care, man. Leave me out of this. I did this for money, I swear....” He groaned in pain.

“Why did you need money?” Axel asked with a mysterious smile creeping upto his face.