t w e n t y - f i v e

AYLA

Damn, have you seen the new kid?” Selena's voice brought me back to the reality.

“Yeah, sure.”

“And he's about to beat the shit out of your love.” She added.

“Eh?”

“He's having fight with Axel.”

I stiffened. Axel's in trouble, again?

I bite on my lips and without thinking twice, rushed to the field where the crowd was gathered. Walking past them, I found Axel on the ground with blood splitting out of his nose.

“What the hell is your problem, man? You can't punch anyone just because they bumped into you.” The new guy, probably Tyler said, helping someone from other grade whose lips were swollen as if someone punched him straight across the jaw. And I know very well who did it.

A hollow chuckle escaped from Axel as he get back on his feat and spit the blood on the ground. “Run before I end up killing you.”

“You deserve this, douchebag.” Tyler hissed and in no second, they both were over each other's throat.

I looked around to see if anyone's going to stop them but it seems as if they all were enjoying the scene.

Off course, Axel is like the villain of the story. Why would anyone bother to stop the fight when they all despise him?

Tyler saved the boy who was getting bullied by him. He's the new hero of our school because before today, no one dared to say a word against Axel.

I sighed.

Look around Ayla and walk away. Just walk away before you see Axel is hurting. You won't be able to stop yourself from going to him.

But I couldn't. I couldn't look away when Axel's the one who's getting beaten up.

Everyone was enjoying the show except me even my best friends were more than glad about it.

My chest started aching at the sight where he lay on the ground with blood and sweat on his face. His breathing was roughed and the boy continuously threw punches at him yet not a single groan left from Axel's mouth. He wasn't even trying to fight back.

He's an underground fighter for God's sake. It isn't easy to beat him not unless he's willingly enjoying the punches thrown at his face.

Don't Ayla. Don't go to him.

But he's still Axel. My Axel.

Screw everything.

“Enough. Let him go.” I screamed, jogging up to them and pushed Tyler aside. “I'm so sorry. I'm sorry...Please just..I apologise for what he did.” I said to the other guy who looked at me with so much disgust that it made my skin crawl in embarrassment.

I know I'm wrong. But I couldn't watch Axel in pain.

I sat on the ground next to him and took his head on my lap. Offering him my water bottle, I did my best to avoid any eye contact with him.

“Go away. You shouldn't be seen with someone like me.” He whispered, gulping down a sip of water.

A spark ran through my spine at his familiar voice and I couldn't stop myself from not looking at him. “It's okay. I don't care.” I replied in a hoarse voice.

The second our eyes met, I experienced a warmth in his gaze. “But I care.” He whispered and with that, he stood up.

“Wait.” I said, getting up on my feet. “Let me take you to the infirmary.”