t w e l v e

AYALA

"Okay, stop running." I screamed at the top of my lungs when I was unable to catch Xavier.

He turned round, stuck his tongue out and was about to run when his legs slipped and he fell down on the ground. I burst out laughing, panting at the same time.

"Fuck you, Selena." He spat, getting back on his feet.

Selena, who had stuck her legs which made him fall was now laughing like a maniac. "Yeah, bitch."

Today's sunday and we're on our usual spot; the playground where we've grown playing games and swinging on silly rides. And now that we all have grown up, we come here in the evening on every sunday to hang out together.

"Are you okay, Xav?" I asked, scanning his left knee that got scratched a little.

"Absolutely, I'm fucking fine." He flipped his middle finger.

I laughed some more.

"Okay guys, confession time." Selena called us to sit with her near the lake.

"I'll go first." She added.

"Sure."

"I slept with someone." She whispered.

"Who?" I asked, looking at her curiously.

"Jade"

What in the- "But you hated him."

"It was one hell of an angry sex." She clicked her tongue.

Right.

"I fucked up big time." Xavier said.

"Spill."

"I tried to sneak the cat inside the house but mom caught it's poop on the couch and you all know how much she hates cats. She gave me lecture for good two fucking hours and snatched the keys of my car for a week." He sighed.

I laughed. "Good for you."

"Your turn, Ayla." She said.

Okay. Where should I start? I've too much to confess but I can't. "Axel is nice."

"That wasn't a confession." Xavier narrowed his eyes.

"I mean he's nice to me." I added, feeling shy all of sudden.

"Did something more happen between you two?" She wriggle her brows and after smacking Xavier on the head who was by now scowling, she held my hands in excitement.

You wouldn't believe me if I tell you that I went out on a date with him. And there's so much more. I don't know from where to start or should I really share everything? But then again, they won't understand. It's complicated. The whole thing with Axel is complicated. It's been merely few days since I started hanging around him and I'm already crushing on him hard. But there's so much more to the story.

"Nothing much but for the time being just know that uh, I like him." I replied, the words giving my butterflies. It's too soon to like him, I know but my heart ain't ready to not like him.