t h i r t y - n i n e

AYLA

I killed a person today.

His words rang into my ears over and over again but this time, I'm going to make him believe that I'm choosing him. Yes, I'm choosing him.

I looked into his eyes, our eyes locking together under the bright moon and my heart started fluttering. His blue eyes shined with overwhelming intensity.

"Was he a good person?" I asked and subconsciously crossed my fingers in hope that his answer might not disappoint me.

I know that he has gone too far. Too far for me to pull him back into my arms and tell him that everything will be alright. Truth is that I'm not scared of him but his mind. He's slipping away into the abyss every passing second and even though I can ask him to describe exactly what goes through his mind but how can I understand what kind of monsters his mind is creating?

"Define good." He replied.

"Someone who hasn't hurt you?" I asked back, equally confused.

His lips broke into faintest of smile. "You."

I blushed but second next it hit me that I'm not the saint here. I've hurt him too. Not like the others but indeed I've hurt him emotionally. I wasted ten years despising him for being a murderer. I'm very well aware that my morals are never going to justify murder but his father deserved every bit of it.

"Tell me." I demanded, inching closer to him, if that's possible and pressed my forehead against his. His breath fanned over my face, mix of ciggerate and mint.

My heart thudded against my rib cage and I pressed my eyes shut to hear his answers.

"Yes, he did. He hurt me."

A breath of relief passed through my body and I ended up nodding my head.

I opened back my eyes and encircling my arms around his neck, I leaned to kiss him but he turned his face to the side and I ended up kissing his cheeks.

My heart dropped at the way he turned his face to the side. Offcourse, why would he want to kiss me?

Oh God, what I was thinking? Why I had to kiss me and ruin the moment.

"I...I'm sorry...I..." I took a step back from him as embarrassment crawled upto my neck.

"Can I kiss you, Ayla?" He asked, cutting me in middle.

I nodded, slowly.

In a swift motion, he came to me, crashing his lips against mine. And all of sudden I was overthrown with sparks igniting everywhere. My mind became hazy and rushed all at once. Those sparks, those God damn sparks. It's been so many years since I've felt them, since I've felt home, since I've felt Axel.

I moved my lips equally against him, trying to match his face when I realise that he was struggling with his hands. He had fisted his hands to the side and it very obvious that he was fighting the urge to not touch me.

I might've lost my mind because I held his hands and placed them over my cheeks. I know it's painted with somebody else's blood but the hormones rushing through me through the eternal taste of his mouth making me lose my mind. He hesitated and tried to pull them back but I shook my head and touched his lips by my tongue.

An electricity jolted through me when he smoothly pinned me against the nearest wall and opened his mouth to take all of me. Our tongues collided and a hungry moan escaped passed my lips. He smirked, shoving his tongue further into my mouth and at the meantime pressing his crotch against my core. And that was it, I closed my eyes in pleasure and kissed him with everything I own. With every piece of energy and emotions.