Part 41

"I can't believe I'm actually wearing this" I sighed holding back a smile looking down at me clothes as Shuri glanced over at me keeping her hands on the steering wheel.

"You look good" she chuckled making me roll up my eyes.

She had chosen a bright pink dress, covered in glitter and some blue heels for me to wear at the funeral, saying it was the most colorful piece I had in my closet. For some reason, I was managing to keep control of my nerves, and for as long as I didn't think about my dad getting buried my mind was as quiet as possible. Also seeing Shuri dressed in a green sweatshirt and purple pants made it a little easier to not think about it.

"Back at you" I smirked as she raised both of her eyebrows making me laugh.

Shuri made a corner, parking the car under a tree, as my eyes searched the place seeing a small group of people, all dressed in black walking inside the cemetery making me take a deep breath.

"Let's do this..." I sighed feeling her hand gently holding mine.

We walked out of the car, Shuri walking right next to me as everyone turned their heads towards us looking with shock and surprise as we carefully approached them gently smiling.

I kept my face down, feeling everyone staring at me while Shuri rested her hand on my back making me feel a little bit safer.

"Y/N" I heard someone calling me ahead of me making me look up.

"Hey" I smiled in relief seeing Sarah next to Riri and Melissa as she wrapped her arms around me.

"Shuri called us" Riri said kissing my cheek.

I glanced over at Shuri, who had now her sunglasses on and her hands in her pockets, and thanked her in a whisper.

"I like your choice of outfit" Sarah smirked at us making me sigh holding back a smile.

"It's was a deal between her and my dad actually" I said looking at Shuri who had a proud smile on her lips.

"Of course it was" Sarah chuckled "It looks good"

I saw Riri pulling Shuri's arm by the corner of my eye, pushing her aside as Sarah kept talking to me about how sorry she was and asking me how I was. 

Everyone was gathered around us, sitting down on a bunch of white chairs, as the priest said kept talking about God and every saint around Him. It was all bullshit. If such higher power even existed, I sure wouldn't be standing there watching my own dad be buried underground not being able to talk to him ever again. I felt Shuri's hand grabbing mine, finally letting a tear roll down my cheek. 

"Now hi daughter Y/N, will said a few words" the priest looked at me as a lump in my throat started growing making me choke.

"C'mon..." Shuri whispered into my ear.

I looked into her eyes, feeling a sense of ease running through me, slowly getting up and walking towards the spot right in front of the whole where my dad was.

"I'm sorry" I smiled at everyone feeling my heart race "I wasn't prepared for this..." I took a deep breath looking down at the wood casquet "My dad...You all knew my dad. Some of you better than others, but you all know the man he was. My dad raised me all alone, he did his best, and honestly, I couldn't have asked for a better man to do it. He was the most genuine, carefree, and kind human I had ever met, and he really tried to make me like him." I chuckled glancing over at Shuri who had a soft smile on her lips. "My dad knew he was sick a few months ago and decided not to tell me" I whispered pressing my lips together trying to control my tears from falling again "That shows how altruistic he was, he didn't want his own daughter to worry about her old man... I'm not gonna lie, I was mad when I found out... Mad that he wouldn't let me help me, and mad that he had an expiration date. But he did tell someone" I smiled looking down at the floor and feeling my cheeks wet "He told someone he trusted his own life, not that he didn't trusted me, but I would be a mess and a little bit chaotic if I had known back then..." I chuckled wiping my face with my hand "He told someone he knew would take care of me, and more importantly, someone he trusted MY life with" I whispered smiling at Shuri who had now a tear rolling down her cheek making my heart burn inside of my chest "So...even when he was dead I was safe" My body was trembling a little forcing me to stop talking and taking a deep breath "So yeah...that was my dad... The most amazing human on Earth"

"That was beautiful" someone came closer as we walked over to car greeting me "I'm so sorry for your lose"

I simply said following Shuri and the rest of the girls.

"I just want to go home" I sighed taking off my heels and feeling the dirt on my feet "Wanna get something to eat with us?" I glanced over at them.

"Sure" Riri smiled at me "We'll meet you back at your house babe" she said walking towards her car.

I nodded my head, grabbing the handler of the car door, while Shuri tried to find her keys in her pocket when I heard a voice calling me from behind. A voice that made my entire body shiver at it, the now so familiar sense of nausea coming back.

"Y/N" she called again making me turn my head back feeling Shuri's eyes stuck on me.

"Mom" I sighed.