✧ 19

yeeun leaned onto the counter with her face in her hands, her shift was almost over and she did everything that needed to be done, so all she could do was wait. she continuously looked back at the clock and waited for it to finally hit 7 pm so she could leave and let the other coworker, who was stocking shelf's, to take over.

suddenly a customer came in, the bell bringing her back to focus and she saw someone surprising. haechan.

even though he had a mask on and his hood over his head, she recognised him rather easily. he also recognised her and gave her a small wave subtly before going down the isles.

he walked around, grabbing some snacks before grabbing an energy drink and coming to the counter.  "hey yeeun."

"hello" She said, focusing on scanning the snacks and putting them into a small bag for him to carry. she said the price and he paid on his phone, though when she passed him his bag, he didn't leave.

he looked around and saw there was no one but a co worker at the back of the store. he turned his attention back to her and leaned onto the counter a bit, talking quieter.
"so are you and chenle getting closer?"

though she was slightly surprised by the conversation, she shook her head. "uhhh I don't know? just casually seeing each other when we need too. I wouldn't say we are close."

haechan slowly nodded his head along to her words, speaking when she finished. "the more you are around each other. The more the soulmate connection will naturally bring them closer."

"yeah I've heard of that."
yeeun said with a nod. haechan smiled and gave her a reassuring smile, "it will feel like you've known each other forever even if it's only been like two months"

"was that how it was when you and harin met? instantly clicked?" yeeun asked. it hadn't been that long since her and chenle met but she wouldn't say they are getting close. She feels as though they're just warming up to each other as friends.

"you wanna hear about our love story?" he said grinning, tilting his head to the side. yeeun rolled her eyes yet she nodded her head.

"we met at a park. she was with her younger cousin and then when she was chasing him she bumped into me. since we obviously realised we were soulmates, we started talking and exchanged numbers." he looked at yeeun and saw how her eyes softened at the conversation.

"don't worry yeeun, as long as you don't run away from chenle again, you two will get closer." she nodded with a smile, cheeks heating up as she remembered how embarrassing she felt she had been.
"also Jisung told us about you rapping an apology to him on the stairs."

"oh."

haechan laughed at her expression, taking a few steps back. "it's okay, it really is. I don't think any of us even thought you were rude. it is a surprising situation to just be shoved into."

he looked outside the store and saw a staff member coming to get him as he had been in the store for a while.
"I'll get going. it was nice to see you again."

"it was nice to see you too." yeeun smiled and waved goodbye to him as he put his hood back on as he walked outside.