✧ 28

minhee and hyunshik had just left the cafe, leaving to go attend their afternoon classes. That left yeeun sitting by herself, scrolling on her phone as she finished the dessert. she would have to see chenle tomorrow, they decided to skip seeing each other today because he had a lot of schedules in the morning and then had night time schedules. she wanted him to rest in between the schedules, so she persuaded him to just see her tomorrow.

though plans change.

chenle 🏀

I know you said we can see each other tomorrow
but if you're a free let's see each other now

shouldn't you rest?

I will be

okayy
I'm at a cafe
it isn't that far from the company
*address*

I'm on my way

she waited patiently by the front window seats, continuing to scroll through her phone until someone tapped her shoulder.

she looked up at the person and stared at them for a few seconds. her eyes widened and she quickly stood up, eyes looking around to see if anyone was looking. She grabbed the sleeve of his hoodie and pulled him to one of the empty seats at the back.

he hid most of his appearance with the hoodie pulled over his head and then the mask, his hair covered the other half of his face. It took her a few seconds to recognise him.

"I didn't realise you'd get here so fast." she whispered as she slid into her seat. chenle slid into the seat in front of her and spoke quietly.
"I just finished eating with jisung, I was already close by."

chenle grabbed his phone out and looked at the time. it was already 2:46pm and he had to be at the company at 3:30, but it would take roughly 30 minutes to walk there.

he sat there, staring at the table as he contemplated his options. he lifted one of his hands up onto the table and rested it in the middle, catching yeeuns attention away from her phone where she flicked through videos.

"can we hold hands?" he asked under his breath. she tried her best to not give a shocked reaction but she was quite shocked. "it's just I don't have much time, that's all." he quickly adds.

she looks at his hand before slowly lifting her own hand from her lap and placing it in his. his hand wrapped around hers, and they both looked up at each others faces.

it felt different.

the tingling feeling that usually overcame them whenever they were standing close together was intensified, but it just felt so right.

"I have a performance later. It's live so if I'm not feeling the best, i won't be able to cover it up."
chenle says, looking away from her eyes and instead glancing at the time.

"that's why you wanted to meet up?" she asked, raising an eyebrow before taking another sip from her drink. he nodded his head, looking back at her.  "yeah."

They stayed like that for a while. He placed his phone on the table, balancing it on the napkin stand that was there, playing a video they both found weird but interesting enough to watch. eventually though, he received a notification from a manager informing him that they should go to the company, just to be there right on time.

yeeun looked over to him and expecting him to let go of her hand and stand up, leaving her in the cafe to go back, but he didn't. instead he just put his phone in his pocket and looked at her.

"do you want to walk back with me?" he asked, clearly smiling as he spoke but the mask he wore hid it.

she held back the urge to laugh. "I think you want me to walk you back, not the other way around."

"well? do you want to come with me?"

she hummed and began looking around, pretending to think. "sure, you need to feel your best anyway."

he stood up, still holding her hand, and walked around out of his seat to stand and wait for her. she let go of his hand and packed her things up into her bag quickly, putting it on her shoulder before grabbing her coffee. she stood up and once next to chenle again, she put her hand back out.

he looked at her and put his own hand in hers, holding it between the two of them as they walked out of the cafe.