✧ 29

on the way back to the company they held a causal conversation, saying whatever came to mind and pointing out things on the street. eventually they stopped holding hands, but despite that, their hands kept gravitating towards each other, constantly hitting one another.

as they walked down the street an old lady offered them to try some samples of the snacks. she stood behind a market stand and had a large variety of all kinds of snacks, all homemade.

yeeun instantly walked over and looked over the variety, eventually picking out one of the cookies. chenle stood beside her, eyeing yeeun's reaction. he watched as her eyes lit up with excitement and how she exclaimed it tasted amazing. chenle grabbed the a few of cookies yeeun just tasted, along with a few others as yeeun continued to talk with the older lady.

"how much will all this be?"
the older lady gleamed at the boy and instantly started to do the math quickly in her head.
"$25!" the lady put the snacks into a bag before handing it back to him.

chenle fished out his wallet from his pocket and gave the lady $30, insisting she keeps the change. he turned back to yeeun and passed the bag to her. "oh?" she says in surprise.

"you liked it, so here." he said, placing the bags handle in her hand so she had to accept it. yeeun looked down and bit her lip, trying extremely hard to not smile brightly.

"oh you two are such a sweet couple. you'll be together for a long time, i can already see it!" the lady exclaimed, smiling at the both of them.

"we're actually soulmates." chenle bragged quietly. yeeun looked up at him in shock, quickly looking around to see if anyone had recognised him at all. how can he say that so carelessly? what if someone heard and we get exposed and then-

"ohh it makes perfect sense then! you definitely will be together for a long time!"
chenle smiled even brighter at that. yeeun didn't notice but chenle finished up talking to the older lady, he bowed and said his goodbyes. she only noticed when he grabbed her hand and held it as he waited for her to look back and realise they were going to go.

yeeun said her goodbyes quickly and thanked her before being pulled away by chenle. yeeun looked down at the ground, refusing to look up as her cheeks burned pink. right about now she would love to have had a mask covering her face. chenle held her hand tightly in his the rest of the way to the company, never once letting go.