𝟎𝟑 '𝐄𝐲𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝'

A/n

I rushed this one

Y/N POV

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

After class you got up and exited the classroom to wait for Kazuha, a few people walked out and came up to you. Those people included Kazuha, Hu Tao, Xingqiu, and Mona whose name you learned from Hu Tao, accompanied by the blonde girl she was speaking in History.

Kazuha walked up to you with a puzzled and shocked look, he must still be questioning my interaction with Ms. Yelan.

Hu Tao look excited again and went gave you a hug hopping excitedly "that was hilarious! Nobody talks back to Ms. Yelan, and those who do never live to tell the tale!" She exaggerated (or at least so you hoped). Xingqiu nodded giggling a little, while Kazuha just shook his head disappointingly while slightly laughing.

Mona finally spoke after eyeing you for a few moments and reached out her hand "I'm Mona." She smiled at you as you shook her hand "and this is my friend Fischl." she said gesturing to the blonde next to her, she wore a thin purple graphic T over a black tank top, with a simple black skirt. 'Fischl' had her hands on her hips in a proud stance before speaking.

"Hello I am Fischl the pr-" she was cut off by a tall guy with dark hair and unnaturally purple eyes who put his hand over her mouth, gave her a polite smile, and dragged her away by her backpack.

You looked to Mona for an answer who just shrugged and responded "That's her 'cousin' so she says, but he's just a hawk her father assigned to watch her."

You nodded and opened your mouth to speak but were cut off by the bell and realized you were gonna be late you turned to Kazuha for help not knowing where to go, he pointed behind you and said to go down the hall and take a left before he bolted the opposite way.

Mona, Xingqiu, and Hu Tao also took off running in the same direction.

You started running where Kazuha pointed, you had your elective, art next so this is where your schedules were different. Thankfully your teacher let you have a pass since you were new and didn't know where to go. You got to pick your seat and went and sat down next to the blue-eyed prince from earlier, he didn't pay much attention to you, which you didn't mind. Class thankfully went on usually.

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

it was now lunch and you were instructed to go to a classroom where a teacher would watch you during your detention, it just so happened that the classroom was your history class from earlier this morning.

You knocked on the already open door to announce your attendance and saw your teacher speaking with someone who you couldn't see behind the tall male's figure.

Mr. Zhongli turned around with a surprised frown once he saw you and gestured for you to take a seat somewhere. When you sat down you saw that the boy was the same amber-eyed male from earlier.

Mr. Zhongli and the boy resumed their conversation quietly before the latter sat down in his original seat. Now there was only one seat between the two of you.

You were wrapped in your thoughts for a few moments and then heard the teacher announce that he had to go retrieve something from the main office and sent an expectant look at the young man beside you before walking out the door.

The boy watched as the teacher left and he immediately put his head down and turned your way with his head resting in his arms. You were already looking at him so the two of you made eye contact.

You decided to see who would break and look away first, he stared at you with cold eyes which eventually softened when he realized you weren't gonna look away.

You were mesmerized by his eyes, you only looked at them briefly before but now you were drowning in them, they were as golden as the sunset. They reminded you of someone.

Xiao POV

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

You both had been staring at each other dead in the eyes for a few moments.

How are her eyes not stinging yet?

She had silky and peaceful e/c colored eyes. But the small bags under her eyes said she wasn't as content as she tried to show.

At first, I had begun to glare at her as I would at anyone but once I saw her small, curious, and content smile, I decided to let her do what she wanted.

The girl finally blinked, her eyes grew a little cloudy

She spoke a simple 'hi', to which I nodded.

Why is she talking to me?

"What's your name?" She inquired and I responded with a questioning look but she just smiled back

"Xiao."

"Nice to meet you, Xiao, I'm Y/N, and I hope we get along" she laid her head in her hands like I was doing and buried her face in her arms, she chuckled tiredly and then went quiet. I watched her for a few moments more before realizing she was probably gonna sleep through detention, I began turning to the page in my notes Zhongli told me to finish and started working on them.

Eye contact is weird

Y/N POV

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

You woke up to a loud ringing and someone lightly pushing your shoulder, you got up to see Xiao with a bored expression.

"Wake up or we'll be late." You lifted your head from your desk and stretched a little, he tossed your backpack on your desk in front of you and began to walk out the door, you caught up quickly after giving your teacher an apologetic smile, to which the older man nodded.

"Sooo...Xiao" he hummed in response, "What class do you have now?"

He groaned lightly, you weren't sure if it was towards your question or because of the class

"PE, you?"

"I have PE too, buuuut I might skip" You were exhausted and rubbed your eyes for the eighth time during your 30-second walk to class, you were already late so why just not show up at all? "I just woke up, I'll probably trip," you said that to be funny but it was probably true.

He let out a small laugh before nodding.

You decided to be bold and ask him to join you because he seemed nice enough "You knoww, I'm still kinda new around here." You lightly bumped your shoulder with his and he looked at you confused. "Wanna join me?" You stopped in place. He turned around giving you an even more confused look, you just smiled back holding onto your backpack strap on your right.

He looked around and thought for a moment, you two were the only ones in the hall right now because everyone was already in class.

"Sure."

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

A/N

Hehe, we're already going on a date even though he doesn't know it yet. 🤭

1142 words