𝟐𝟎 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

Y/n POV

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Sunlight slowly crept through the windows, temporarily blinding me as my eyes fluttered open.

It seemed to be early morning because the sun was barely rising over the house across the street. I was still exhausted from the late night I decided to go back to sleep.

I flipped over on my side to not face the peeping sun and snuggled back into my pillow, I reached for another pillow to hold but came into contact with something else.

A person.

My eyes flew open and finally understood my current situation, I had my arm wrapped around Xiao's upper body and my head resting in his chest, he had an arm wrapped tightly around my waist and the other over his eyes.

My face exploded into and flushed mess and I slowly tried to pull off Xiao, but he still had an arm fitted around me, preventing me from leaving.

'Oh jeez, what do I do'

'Hang on, what did I do??' Now I really began to panic.

'How did we end up here?'

Xiao must've felt my movement as he slowly opened his eyes to adjust to the light, his eyes landed on me and he stared at me for a few seconds with a content face.

Then I think the situation hit him, his face turned bright red and he quickly released the hold on my waist, he sat up against the head of the bed frame.

Xiao's hair was tussled randomly and he looked like a mess, his sharp eyes were full of embarrassment as he avoided my gaze and he had some dark circles under his eyes.

I sat up in front of him, my face was burning at the thought of waking up in bed with someone like that.

Nobody spoke for a while until Xiao broke the awkward silence.

He cleared his throat, "Nothing happened if that's what you're concerned about..."

I let out a huge sigh of relief and flopped back onto the bed.

"Oh, thank goodness" I mumbled into my pillow. That did help my anxiety a bit but my heart was still racing and the bright blush on my face stayed the same.

3rd person POV

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Xiao laid back down too but kept his distance on the bed. Turning to face him, Y/n smiled in hopes of calming him down too, his face was even more flushed than hers.

His face relaxed as he simply admired the girl. Xiao then realized what he was doing and looked away again, somehow his face turned an even brighter scarlet red than before.

"So..." Y/n began, catching Xiao's attention. "What did happen yesterday?"

"You fell asleep while we were out, and I just took you home." His face slowly returned to its natural complexion and he regained his usually stoic face. "You wouldn't let go of me when I tried to leave."

"Oh no, my bad-"

The front door swung open and Beidou could be heard talking to Ningguang in the front hallway.

Y/n's eyes widened in a panic.

"Oh shit oh shit, I'm not supposed to have anyone over," she jumped out of bed and peered down the stairs to see Beidou and Ningguang conversing.

Y/n raced back to her room and began to rush Xiao out the window. "You gotta go, I'm sorry! I'll text you, maybe we can hang out again later." she was whisper shouting as she almost threw the boy out of her window

Xiao found this funny, "Are you gonna start sneaking me in and out of your house now?" He joked and Y/n grinned back.

"I mean I can if you want me to" Y/n winked playfully and Xiao blushed for the 100th time today.

Once Xiao was safely on the ground and hiding somewhere behind a tree, Y/n changed into some random pajamas quickly and threw herself into bed, pretending to be asleep.

Xiao couldn't leave just yet because 1. His car was parked across the street and he would probably get caught walking around the house, and 2. Because he left a few of his things inside Y/n's room.

A second later Beidou walked into the room and went over to Y/n, she inspected the 'sleeping' girl before walking back downstairs and saying goodbye to Ningguang.

Once her girlfriend was gone, Beidou ran upstairs and threw herself onto Y/n's bed, scaring the life out of the younger girl.

"Who was here?" Beidou didn't seem mad, just curious.

Y/n sighed, she should've known her cousin wouldn't be tricked so easily.

"My friend, Xiao"

"Mhm... and do friends sleep in the same bed?" Beidou smiled smugly with a wink.

Y/n looked back, puzzled at how she knew that. "U-uh..." she began to stumble on her words, "...yes? Listen! Okay, it was an accident, I fell asleep, and he brought me home". Deciding not to tell Beidou that it was entirely her own fault.

Y/n didn't see how red her own face was, and also failed to notice Xiao sitting on the tree outside her window, waiting for her to invite him back in to get his things. Beidou had already noticed him and just nodded for him to come in, which he did and took a seat on the window sill.

Y/n's head flew up when her cousin flicked her on the head and pointed at Xiao sitting by the window. Xiao sat with his head on his knee, bored.

"You're still here???" Y/n was a little surprised that the boy stayed longer but he just nodded and walked toward the desk where several of his things were laid out.

Xiao stood up to grab his things but Beidou stopped him, "Woah, just because I don't mind you being here doesn't mean I trust you." She stared daggers into his very soul.

Beidou then slapped him on the back playfully and grinned again. "Nice to meet ya, kid! I'm Beidou, Y/n's older cousin." She started leaving the room, "Don't do anything dumb, I'm gonna go sleep. I don't know how you guys even managed to wake up this early." Beidou shrugged and left.

The two teenagers finally remembered how early it seemed, Y/n grabbed her phone and checked the time. It was barely 6 am. She flopped back onto the bed and mumbled into the pillow, "I'm going back to sleep, you're welcome to stay if you want."

"Hm, Zhongli's probably worried about where I am so I should get going. We'll talk later." Xiao was already making his back out the window.

'Why doesn't he just go out the door? Beidou doesn't mind.' Y/n thought but just shrugged it off.

"ok then" she stretched with a yawn and got comfortable, quickly falling back asleep. Xiao climbed out the window and drove home.

A/n

I didn't put much effort into this chapter, so sorry if its bad

1138 words