𝟔𝟕 𝐑𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐭 𝟏

Y/N POV

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Running through the halls of the school as I tried to keep up with Ajax almost made me collide with several walls and people.

"Ajax- wait up!" I could only see the top of his bright orange hair and his laughter filling the halls as he ran through crowds of students when lunch started.

'Ugh, this idiot...'

He said he had a surprise for me, which excited me but after running from my class to the opposite side of the campus, it made me a little annoyed.

After catching my breath, I prepared to run after him again before he left my view but tripped on someone's heel.

"Oops!" A girl in a purple hood giggled before speeding off before I could see who she was.

"Ow!" I rolled my eyes and rubbed my head at the headache that grew.

Packs of students walked by, ignoring me and my mess of school supplies that fell from my backpack. With a scoff, I began packing all my things back away.

"Here, let me help you." A kind yet deep voice offered, bending down to grab some books.

I didn't get a good look at his face because of his light blue hair dangling in front.

"Thank you..." Even though he sounded kind and offered to help, something about him made me uneasy and I rushed to put my things away.

Once I had my backpack over my shoulders again, I stood up with the help of the stranger

He had something that covered most of his face, only revealing his mouth and a large scar that stretched beneath the mask.

'Trauma much?'

"Thanks again, what's your name?" My curiosity got the best of me and I wanted to know why this guy gave me the creeps.

"Anytime. It was great to finally meet you Y/n."

'He didn't answer my question...' This guy was starting to freak me out even more.

I couldn't see his eyes but he gave me a smile before walking away without another word.

'What the-'

"Y/n? Where'd you go?" Ajax's voice called from somewhere in the hallway. The large number of students had minimized and his dead, blue eyes landed on me and then the figure walked away. His face turned pale and he ran over to me.

"I'm he- woah! Are you okay?!" I asked as he started pulling me away quickly toward the stairs that would lead us to the rooftop with our friends.

Ajax didn't respond and just continued speed-walking.

'Maybe he's not feeling well.' I tried to convince myself and just followed along.

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

"Finally, what took so long?" Kuni turned toward us as we exited the door, and upon seeing Ajax's startled expression seemed slightly concerned. "Aja-"

"It's nothing. I'll tell you later." Ajax fixed his face and tried to hold a smile.

Nobody had paid much attention to Ajax's expression and probably just assumed he was joking around like usual.