𝟑𝟕 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬

A/n

here's a chapter because why not, enjoy waiting for the next one<3

Y/n POV

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

The teacher grabbed a paper from their desk and glanced over it quickly before nodding and addressing Kuni properly.

"My apologies, I didn't know we had a new student. Anyways, Scaramouche please take a seat..." The teacher skimmed the room and eventually pointed to a seat near the back, unfortunately, farther away from me. I was disappointed at the distance, I had hoped to sit next to him so I could ask why he was here.

Kuni completely ignored the teacher's order and walked right over to me, and sat at the desk behind me. The teacher glared at him and ordered him to go to the seat they assigned to him.

As expected, Kuni blatantly refused and tuned out her complaints to face me, he smiled innocently as if he wasn't currently getting reprimanded.

'Really? You just got here.' I mentally face-palmed at his entitlement but smiled back.

Eventually, the teacher gave up and settled for giving him a lunch detention before continuing the lesson.

"Hey." Kuni leaned forward to whisper behind my ear. I turned around to look at him, ignoring the lesson and Albedo's quite apparent confusion.

"Hi, how and why are you here?" I whisper-shouted at him, "Transfer student? Really?"

"Mhm, I'll tell you about it more in detention." Kuni pointed to the front of the class at the board, completely ignoring my obvious confusion as to how he knew I had detention.

Instead of paying attention to the lesson, Albedo poked my arm, I turned to him a little confused but he looked just as bewildered as I was.

"You know him?" Albedo gestured to Kuni who was already glaring at him.

"Yeah, he's...a friend" I didn't where the relationship was or where it was going, but I did know I still liked Xiao, which would continue to complicate things.

Albedo nodded and refocused on the teacher. I peeked around at Kuni who didn't seem bothered by what I said and then he got on his phone, completely ignoring the class.

After class

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Today's detention took place in Mrs. Minci's class. She was a very relaxed teacher and didn't care about what her students did. So as assumed, she told us to sit and do whatever and that she'd be visiting Mrs. Guunhildr.

So now Kuni and I sat on top of tables and did nothing, except for me yelling at him for not telling me he'd be here.

"You couldn't have called me or texted me or something?!"

"Why're you yelling?" He rolled his eyes at my excessive behavior.

"Because! I would have appreciated a warning?" Maybe I was overreacting but I didn't expect him to just appear, maybe it was the abruptness of it all or the confusion about my feelings for Xiao that made me question whether I or not I wanted him to be here.

"Well, I did try to text you this morning,"

"No you didn't!"

"Yes I did, check your phone." Kuni gestured to my pocket where my phone would've been, I felt nothing and sighed at my memory of this morning.