𝟏𝟗 𝐑𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝

Y/N POV

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

"PLUS! You're gonna be interested in what I have to tell you."

"What is it?" I fought back the urge to roll my eyes, 'what could be so important that he had to KIDNAP me'

"So I was approached by these two people who claimed to know you, Venti and Hu Tao"

I nodded and Ajax continued.

"They were trying to get me to help them with thi- he- aYY OW" the door to the building burst open and Ajax was tackled to the ground immediately with his arms pinned down.

Ajax crashed to the ground with a loud thump. I almost burst into laughter, the scene was hilarious.

Xiao sat atop Ajax with a knee on his chest and pinning down the ginger's arms. The size comparison was the best part, Ajax was way taller than Xiao but the shorter male took him down with such ease and seemed prepared for anything.

"Xiao! Please get off him!" I was struggling to talk in between wheezes, and the darker-haired male looked back towards me in confusion but got off of Ajax.

The agent who 'kidnapped' me earlier dashes back into the room after hearing the conflict.

Ajax rubbed his head from the harsh collision with the ground before waving his hand dismissively at the bodyguard who left immediately after. Xiao stood protectively in front of me to separate me and my other friend.

Once I regained my composure I walked in between my two friends so nobody hurt each other.

"Xiao, chill. This is my friend Ajax" I motioned toward the tall man who crouched down to hide behind me. "Remember I told you about him? Childe?"

At the name, it finally clicked for Xiao and he stood in a less defensive stance, "Why did he kidnap you then?"

"He's an idiot, that's why" I glared at Childe and he simply wore his signature grin.

I turned back to Ajax who seemed to have a moment of realization before excusing himself from the room to call someone.

"Sorry about him, sorry I worried you" I rubbed the back of my neck and looked down in embarrassment.

"It's fine, do you still want to keep hanging out though? Or do you want to go with him?" Xiao nodded towards Ajax who stood outside on the phone.

"I should probably go with him, he said he needs to tell me about something." I thought back to when he mentioned Hu Tao and Venti.

'I wonder what they did'

Xiao just nodded and we said our goodbyes before he left back to find his car.

Ajax walked back inside after his phone call, "So what did you need to tell me?" I questioned.

"Uhh... nothing?" Ajax shrugged as if he didn't just kidnap me 5 minutes ago. I glared and prepared to smack him again but he stopped me. "OKAY, so initially I did have to tell you something, but now that I see it, it's better I don't...?"

'Xiao's already left too' I frowned at the remembrance.

"So you just interrupted Xiao and I's hangout for nothing?" The two of us were having a good time and I felt like Xiao was enjoying your company. "Can't you just tell me?" I was a little annoyed now.

Ajax's usual smile turned to a sympathetic frown, "I'm sorry, can you trust me on this though? I promise it'll turn out alright." he held out a pinky and smiled again. I sighed and wrapped my finger around his, he then waved me off "Maybe you can catch up with that guy? He couldn't have gotten far." Ajax winked at me while I rushed out the door in hopes of finding Xiao.