𝟏𝟒 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬

warning:

this is going to have some verbal and physical abuse but you can skip over that part

Y/N POV

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

"Mom look look look!!" You were bouncing through the halls once you got home, the excitement of the praise you received from teachers and classmates about the art you made in class today meant so much to you as a child.

You were around 12 when you made a drawing of yourself, your mother, and your father. It was a relatively simple drawing but it was still quite good for someone your age. Your teacher had expressed his praise in it and urged you to show your parents, you were wary at first but were assured they would like it so here you were searching the house for either of your parents.

Your mother was resting in the living room speaking with a young brunette woman who grinned at you as you walked in. Your mother followed the other woman's gaze and her eyes landed on you standing proudly with a paper in hand, you worked up enough courage and handed her the paper.

She observed it for a moment before handing it back to you, nodding, and then returning to her conversation with the other woman who was a little shocked but continued conversing with your mother again.

You signed and placed the drawing on the coffee table and walked to your room quietly. You weren't exactly surprised but you had gotten your hopes up too much. You collapsed on your bed.

'Maybe I shouldn't waste time on it'

'Drawing is gonna get me nowhere'

'Just like mother said, wealth and intelligence is all that matters in this world'

You loved art since you were very young but your parents thought it to be a waste of time and a pointless hobby and made you focus on your education and school work.

You heard someone making their way to your room and a moment later your mother stepped into your room

"Do not interrupt my conversation ever again like that, do you hear me?" She spoke quietly but you could hear the anger in her voice, she was probably just trying not to let the woman outside hear her. Your mother was very insistent on good impressions.

You nodded and looked down before you heard another person walking up to your room, your mom stepped out of your room and closed the door and you heard her speaking with the young woman from before right outside your door, then someone pushed your door open and in walked the brunette holding your drawing with an impressed smile.

"This is beautiful kid! What's your name? How old are you?" She came and sat at the end of your bed and your mom walked in too looking embarrassed. You looked up at her and saw she had a warm smile and you crawled a little closer to her.

"Uh..um I'm Y-Y/n and I'm 12" You stammered, you were confused and intimidated a little but this woman made you feel comfortable and you smiled back at her. She placed the drawing in between the two of you and held your shoulder.

"This is great for someone your age, I can't wait to see how good you'll be when your older, I'm Beidou" Your mother's face was stunned and then turned to an irritable scowl before cutting in your conversation.

"She isn't going to continue that anymore, she is just wasting her time." The woman turned to her slightly taken aback by her comment "Drawing will do nothing for you, so you best put an end to this now" She was talking to you now and you shrunk back as your mother pointed a demanding finger towards you.