𝟎𝟔 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

Scaramouche POV

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Shoving people as I walked through and out of the airport where Ajax was SUPPOSED to be waiting. It was around noon by now so he couldn't have been sleeping.

Turns out, he was sleeping.

I did not feel like waiting and but I had no choice so I went and sat down on a bench and listened to some music to pass the time.

I waited an hour and a half before his obnoxiously fancy red car pulled up, I had gotten some lunch before he got here so my time wasn't completely wasted.

He got out of the car and immediately started talking to some blonde girl with her brother who was glaring at the taller man as he spoke to his sister.

I was not going to wait for him to finish playing his stupid games with some random girl so I stood up and immediately shoved him into his own car as he complained before walking around to the passenger's seat and forcing him to drive to his house.

We talked a bit in the car but it was mostly me asking questions about Y/n to which he would answer and then try to distract me with more 'pleasant' topics, which never worked.

At Ajax's house

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

I immediately jumped out of the car and walked inside the house, threw my bag on the couch, and slumped down onto the floor to think.

This was the most impulsive decision I have ever made, and I began to regret it.

I should have just texted her.

Would she have responded?

What if she doesn't want to speak with me at all and this is a huge waste of time?

It would have also been a waste of money because I had to buy a ticket for the fastest flight out, but money was no issue.

I brushed off the thoughts and looked up to see Ajax talking with Rosalyne while she was focused on her phone but still responding.

I stood up and walked over to them. They both looked over at me curiously.

"Take me to see her" I looked at Ajax because he was the only one with a car but Rosalyne stopped me with her hand

"You're kidding? You want to go see Y/n like that? After how things ended?" She laughed before walking over to the bag on the couch.

She looked through it and frowned.

"This clothing selection is horrendous, you should be ashamed." She dumped everything out and looked at me with a scowl. "If you showed up in any of this" she gestured to what I was wearing and the clothes she dumped out of the bag, "I'd be offended." She walked off somewhere upstairs.

Okay

So maybe I wasn't wearing the nicest clothes but it was basically what I usually wore-a simple dark t-shirt with a band logo on the back and some black cargo pants.

I thought I looked decent. I looked to Ajax and he just shrugged before Rosalyne walked back downstairs with her purse in hand, she seemed much more dressed up than before.

She did her hair and makeup and walked outside to the car. Ajax followed and then I did too.

Ajax drove us to a nearby shopping mall and I groaned before being dragged inside by Rosalyne. Ajax simply trailed behind with his hands in his pockets, flirting with anyone he considered attractive.

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Ajax was finally driving us back to his house and it was around 7 pm when we got there. I was dragged around and forced to try on hundreds of different outfits the entire time, and then my captor decided I needed to get Y/n an apology gift so we went to the convenience store and bought a few things like snacks and another matching bracelet.

Y/n had always liked matching things, she had said it made her feel 'connected' to people. The two of you had already shared a few matching jewelry pieces like necklaces, rings, and bracelets.

The ginger who accompanied us eventually wandered off once he ran into that blonde girl from the airport again. He somehow got her number and now he was practically giggling as he walked up to his room texting her.

"Now," Rosalyne spoke up facing me. She ripped the bag from my hand and began to sort through everything before singling out two sets of clothes that she liked and showing them both to me. "Choose"

3rd Person POV

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

You may or may not have begun crying again. You were hoping Scaramouche would join in the conversation in the group chat and maybe you could find the courage to finally talk to him again.

You stood up to walk to the bathroom to look at yourself in the mirror and clean your face. Your eyes were puffy and tired.

It was already around 9 pm so you'd probably go to sleep soon. But someone outside had other plans, well some people.

You heard your doorbell ring and just assumed it to be Beidou and went to open it.

"Hey"

"Xiao?" You were very confused to see him here because you never told him where you lived because you barely met. "How did you-"

You cut yourself off when you saw a familiar someone on the sidewalk holding an uncomfortably large basket filled with random things, behind him was an obnoxiously bright red car with an obnoxious ginger wearing some 'inconspicuous', sunglasses.

"Oh my archons."

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

A/N

ok, this is not proofread so if there is anything I need to fix let me know. I have school right now so I'll read over it once I'm back😭

943 words