𝟐𝟐 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬

A/n

Short chapter!

Y/n POV

Next Day: Monday

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

"He said WHAT?!"

Beidou's grip on the steering wheel tightened. I had just explained the situation with Scaramouche. "Oh, I'll brawl with that little grape!"

I woke up late but luckily Beidou didn't have to head to work until later and was willing to give me a ride.

But this ride did not come free, it was at the cost of a million questions.

Beidou slowly loosened her hold on the wheel and steadied her breathing to calm down. "What happened afterward?"

"And then he hung up." I looked down to fiddle with my hands. "We haven't spoken since..."

Beidou reached over with her right arm and laid it over my shoulder for comfort, "I'm sorry about that kid, are you doing alright?"

"Yeah, Xiao..." I cut myself off after remembering what happened when he came to comfort me.

Yesterday

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Xiao pulled away first and sat up, not looking at me. He had the back of his hand covering his red face.

I sat up, embarrassed.

'Why did I do that?'

'How could I do that?'

I felt terrible about the kiss. I wanted to regret it, I wanted to wish that it didn't happen. But I didn't, which made me feel even worse.

"I should go." Xiao stood up and turned around to face me. "I'm sorry, that was wrong."

"No, wait-" I held onto his wrist, preventing him from walking out.

"Y/n. This is a mistake, stop let me go" he tried to tug his hand away from me but I instead pulled him back toward me into another embrace.

"Don't leave please..." I began to cry again, not because of Scaramouche, but because I didn't want to be abandoned again by someone I trusted.

As wrong as it was, I wanted to be with Xiao right now. I didn't want to see Scaramouche or anyone else.

Xiao didn't move or say anything he just let me hug him and cry quietly into his shoulder again.

I wanted to talk, I wanted to convince him to stay with me willingly, but my words were fought back with exhausted sobs. Having cried so much today, my energy was draining rapidly.

'Crying is so tiring...'

"Don't leave... please" I knew I'd fall asleep any moment but I didn't want to be alone. Xiao didn't respond, I guessed he'd leave anyway,

"Just wait a little longer?" I pulled off of him and looked up. Xiao sighed, nodded, and made me lie down on my bed. He sat beside me and held my hand, seemingly deep in thought. Eventually, I fell asleep.

And when I awoke he was gone.

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

'Well, he probably would've been late too if he stayed with me.'

Beidou was waving frantically in front of me, worried I may have died or something.

"Hey, you okay? Hello? Y/n?"

"Ah- sorry, I'm fine" I scratched the back of my neck. Looking back up from my hands, I noticed we were at my school now.

"You're not alright kid..." Beidou gripped my chin and looked at my face, I knew I probably had bags under my eyes but that wasn't too unordinary.

"Listen, try to get through today but if you're not feeling better tomorrow, you are staying home. Got it?"

I nodded back at her, got out of the car, and began to walk to class.

Once inside I took my seat and laid my head down, I had no energy to speak with anyone right now. I was only a few minutes late and Mr. Zhongli must've noticed my burnt-out expression and smiled sympathetically.

Xingqui tapped me on the shoulder, I turned my head to face him. He smiled and reached for my hand, holding it tightly for comfort, and then he placed a note on my desk.

I pulled myself up and rested a head on my hand and gave him a quizzical look, Xingqui nodded toward Xiao who was already staring at me, he seemed concerned and gestured to the note.

It was a simple torn piece of paper, I flipped it over to read the other side.

Sleep.

We'll talk later.

-xiao

There was also a small smudged-out heart drawn next to his name, it looked like he erased it. Xiao had neat, legible, and sharp handwriting.

I smiled and looked toward the teacher who was busy talking. All I heard was our presentation grades from last week would be posted tomorrow.

Soon enough, I slept.

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

A/n

I'll hopefully have the next chapter out later today!

756 Words