𝟎𝟓 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Y/N POV

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

"CHILDE?"

You were surprised but also not too surprised that he was here. Childe moved semi-often because of "junior business", his parents ran a successful company, and since his dad is getting quite old so it's his job to take care of these things. Even if that meant crossing an ocean for it.

He flinched, caught off guard by the sudden shout, and turned around to look at you. Signora did the same.

Signora seemed delighted to see you but her face didn't show it, she's always put up a firm front but you could see how she pushed down a huge smile into a small grin.

The ginger on the other hand was not holding back, he ran to you and almost tackled you but he held you up in a tight embrace.

"Y/N! YOU'RE HERE!! This is where you disappeared off to! We ALL missed you, even Ashes" he nodded his head off the woman stalking up behind him who smacked him on the back of the head and turned to you.

"Hello Y/N it's been so long" she gave you hug and a sly smile as usual.

"HI, it's only been like 3 days?" Signora shrugged and you continued "I missed you guys! And disappeared? I told you guys I was moving to Liyue" you laughed at Childe's reaction. "Why are you guys here?"

"My, my, you want us gone already?" Signora gasped with an exaggerated frown, while Childe started talking

"Well you did tell us but that doesn't make us any less sad" Childe tried to fake a pout but he was still smiling, "Also I'm here on business as usual and Ashes here is just tagging along." Signora rolled her eyes and the name.

You laughed at their antics and began to question how everything in Inazuma is going.

"Same old, same old. Except for a certain someone." Childe gave you a sympathetic look

Here it comes, You looked down and braced yourself for this conversation that you knew you'd have to have with them eventually. But to be fair you thought it'd be over text.

"Y/N what happened? He won't even talk about it, he's just been crankier than usual." Signora cut in, she lifted your chin with her finger to make you face her. YourYour smile faltered and you fought to speak but were already upset again.

You knew you couldn't really move on and be happy again this fast but you acted like it because you wanted a good first impression at school, but these people were your friends who have been there for you through thick and thin.

Signora pulled you close to her and let you cry while you tried to explain what happened between you and Scaramouche.

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

After having cried for so long everything blurred and you were now sitting outside a Mcdonald's, eating a waffle cone while Signora sipped an iced tea and Childe was chowing down on a happy meal. You guys had some idle chit-chat, after explaining what happened they understood your wish to not talk about it.

"So, how's living with Beidou so far?" Signora spoke as she faced you and took another sip of her drink.

"It's good, she's gonna take me furniture shopping tomorrow so I can get a few things to fill up my room." She nodded before grabbing her drink and getting ready to leave.