𝟐𝟖 𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨𝐨

Aether POV

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Entering the classroom, I caught a familiar face.

'Xiao?'

He sat with his head in his hand, watching a h/c girl with concern. The girl seemed irritable as she glared at Lumine's 'not boyfriend'.

The teacher assigned us to some desks and ushered us to take our seats.

Beside me on my right, a boy with platinum hair and a red streak, he seemed calm and spoke to me once I took my seat.

"Welcome, it's a pleasure to meet you Aether."

"Ah, nice to meet you too..." I trailed off, not knowing his name.

"Kazuha" I nodded and he began to focus on class.

Lumine was sitting on my left, next to Childe, who had sat directly behind the h/c girl who Xiao was staring at, the two immediately engaged in a slightly heated conversation.

"Is that...?" Lumine trailed off and nodded toward the teal-haired boy who sat near the front and I nodded in response. "Ah... I see" she turned to the board and listened to the teacher.

As much as he tried, Childe was a terrible whisperer and I could hear his conversation with the girl in front of him.

"Y/n, that's not like you!" The ginger whisper shouted and 'Y/n' scoffed.

"Well now it is, I'm sorry, I don't know what you want me to say."

Childe pouted and slumped onto his desk, he looked over to Xiao and then back at the girl, "Really...him?" Y/n rolled her eyes and nodded.

"You really have a thing for short guys."

"Hmph. I am not ashamed."

They laughed quietly together, I let out a snort and they both looked over at me, I was a little embarrassed at first but Y/n smiled warmly and waved to me.

Y/n had a wonderful smile, which I couldn't help but return. Her e/c eyes were closed thankfully so she didn't notice the red seeping onto my face, but Childe did and immediately pulled Y/n's attention back to him.

"It's nice to see you again though"

"It's nice to see you again too"

Y/n POV

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

"Fine, we're going to talk about it later though because I need an explanation."

I let out an exasperated sigh and nodded at Ajax's demand. I turned back to the board to listen to the lesson.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Xiao watching Ajax with a hint of hostility.

'He probably noticed my annoyance with that stupid ginger'

I gave him a reassuring smile and nodded toward the front of the class, hoping not to bother him with the situation.

Ajax transferred to the school after finding out he'd be in the city for longer than intended and wanted to hang around me more.

Once he found out about me and Scaramouche he needed answers, which he could have gotten from your ex himself, but Scara wasn't exactly an open book especially now.