𝟑𝟎 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞?

A/n

Ok for the sake of this chapter, pretend you're like in between Scaramouche and Xiao's heights. Scara is the tallest and Xiao is the shortest and you're like in between.

Y/n pov

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

I woke up in a clean white room. Looking around I noticed I was in a hospital.

'What the...'

Unable to remember what happened before, I sat up rubbing my head. There was a faint pain around my temples but I brushed it off as a migraine.

I wasn't connected to anything surprisingly and crawled out of bed. My body shivered at my bare feet hitting the ice-cold floor but I stumbled to a mirror that stood in the corner of the room.

Taking a look at myself, I could see my face was bruised and cut, looking at my hands I realized my knuckles were busted and bleeding slightly. I reached up and touched my forehead where a previously stitched cut was unraveling.

'Great job doctors...'

Deciding I should go find a doctor or a friend, I walked towards the door and when I reached for the doorknob, it swung open.

I flinched harshly and shut my eyes, suddenly I was pulled into someone's slim, comforting arms. I subconsciously melted into the unknown person's touch in silence. One hand rested on the back of my head, gently brushing my hair and the other wrapped tightly around my body.

Whoever it was, they made me feel safe and comfortable which was all I needed right now. They seemed awfully familiar, they were not much taller than me and carried a recognizable vanilla scent which made my heart drop.

'Why is he here?'

I peeked up and met eyes with Scaramouche, he looked afraid and vulnerable, something that practically never occurred.

"I- why are you-" I was cut off by a shush coming from the boy who rested his head atop mine.

"Please...just wait a moment." Scaramouche pleaded, relief, and exhaustion could be heard in his voice.

After what happened between the two of us, I felt he deserved a moment of serenity, so I rested silently in Scaramouche's hug.

A few tears came and landed on my head, wetting my hair but I didn't mind.

3rd Person POV: Outside the room

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Xiao ran through the hospital halls after arriving. After the incident, he was forced to go back to class and focus on school, which he was incapable of doing because he was too busy worrying about Y/n.

He completely skipped the reception desk and bolted to Y/n's room. Zhongli caught up and spoke to the office nurses in his frantic son's stead.

Xiao had received the room number from Kazuha who had accompanied Y/n in taking her to the hospital.

Upon reaching the room, Ajax stood outside with his back against the door with his arms crossed and eyes closed.

"Move." The shorter male demanded.

Ajax peeked his eyes open and he looked a little surprised and then indecisive. He turned around and peeked through the glass window in the door.

"Yep, probably not a good idea." The ginger turned back to look Xiao in the eye and continued to block the door.

Xiao did not have the patience to deal with this and he violently shoved the arrogant 'bodyguard' out of the way and threw the door open.

Suddenly he wished he hadn't.

Y/n had her arms tightly wrapped around Scaramouche's neck in a tight embrace. Yet it was not just a friendly hug.

Xiao's heart sank.

They were kissing.

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

A/n

Scaracoochie 🤭

584 words