𝟔𝟑 𝐄𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

A/n

y'all there may be smut in upcoming chapters... I'm so immature I keep laughing every time I read over it.

Y/n POV

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

After saying bye to the girls, I made my way over to Xiao's car. I was hoping he'd give me a ride so Rosalyne wouldn't have to.

Xiao and Kuni were leaning up against the former's car. It looked like they were talking to each other and petting something.

"Hey, guys." I walked over to them and they both jumped in surprise. "You alright?" I laughed at their sudden startle.

"Yeah, we're fine." Kuni answered simply and returned to whatever Xiao was holding.

Xiao turned away for a second to look at me. "What about you? Do you need a ride?"

"Yeah, I let the girls go without me so Rosa wouldn't have to take me home too."

Xiao nodded, "Alright, one second, let me put him in the car."

"What'ya got there?" I stepped in from of them to see what they had and saw a little cat.

It purred softly in Xiao's arms as Kuni continued to rub its head.

My excitement must've been very obvious because Kuni laughed and took the cat from Xiao who walked around to start his car. Kuni handed me the kitten to hold it.

"He hasn't named it yet, it just kind of showed up in the ally and he wanted to keep it." Kuni said and he opened the backseat door for me.

"Why do I gotta sit in the back." I asked with some sass. The kitten squirmed around in my arms before laying down comfortably.

"Because then we can sit together idiot." He gestured inside the car for me to get in.

"Xiao's driving you home too?" Kuni nodded. I slide inside the back of the car followed by Kuni who sat next to me.

"I am not a chauffeur, why are you both in the back?" Xiao turned around to face us.

"He told me to." I quickly point to Kuni who snapped his head toward me in irritation for selling him out.

"Whatever." Xiao turned his eyes back to the road.

The drive was quiet except for the quiet music coming from the radio.

It was a familiar song and I hummed along with the tune, enjoying the peaceful quiet and looking out the window. The small cat continued to lay quietly on my lap as it slept.

Because love

can burn like a cigarette

and leave you with nothing

As the song ended, a cold feeling crept up my thigh to reach for my hand. I turned away from the window, Kuni was staring at where he held my hand and was smiling to himself.

"You okay?" I asked him quietly.

Kuni looked up at me as his expression changed back to neutral. He nodded and turned around to look out the other window.

'Why's he acting weird?'

I caught Xiao watching us from the rear-view mirror, he quickly averted his gaze and pretended to be focusing on the drive.