• 04

Meenakshi was awoken by her daughter's whining. She slowly sat up on the bed and picked her up.

"Is my baby woke up? Let amma feed you". Meenakshi talked in baby voice with Kushi, making her giggle.

Meenakshi tied her self and picked up Kushi with her to the kitchen. She made Kushi sit on a baby stool, and gave her a toy to play. And took out the milk bottle from the fridge and kept it for boiling.

Meenakshi lean towards the kitchen slab, and looked at the kitchen. She loved cooking. After her education completed, she opened her own bakery, 'Delightta'.

After marriage, she never cooked. She hated him so much that she never cooked for him. During two months he would eat outside.

But after she got pregnant, Savithri or Radha would be with them. They cooked food. Radha took Meenakshi to her home after her seemantham in 7th month.

That's when Meenakshi left his house and never came back. Misunderstanding rose between them. Then her father, Natarajan brought Manjula and her daughter.

Meenakshi didn't understand who was good and who was bad, treated them as her own, but in the end got betrayed by them.

Sighing she turned off the stove. Meenakshi decided that she would cook for him. It's not late to win his heart. She wants to cook for him daily.

Meenakshi poured the lukewarm milk in the milk bottle. Carried Kushi in her arms and went inside the hall, sat on the sofa and made her drink milk.

Kushi emptied the milk bottle. Meenakshi rubbed her back smoothly. Kushi burped.

"Good girl". Meenakshi kissed her chubby cheeks.

She and Kushi went inside the kitchen. Meenakshi saw the groceries. She thought of making Annam and sambar with valakkai poriyal

"Kushi, Amma is going to cook dinner. Sit and see here. Ok va". Meenakshi smiled after seeing Kushi dancing in her chair.

Meenakshi took out vegetables and cleaned it. Took rice and cleaned it with water. And let it cook. She started chopping vegetables. Took a cooker and put toor dal, slightly chopped tomatoes and pinch of turmeric powder. And let it cook.

Meenakshi heard the door bell; she saw time on the clock in the dining hall. It was 5:30pm. Meenakshi thought who it was and went to open the door.

Meenakshi opens the door only to meet tired Karthik in his full uniform. She stared at him. She wanted to hug him and cry. But she controlled it. If she did now, it would be awkward because they both are on odd terms now.

She smiled warmly at him. "mama?..come inside"

Karthik was shocked to see her. But composed himself and nodded his head and went inside. Meenakshi locked the door and went behind him.

Meenakshi nibbled her lips and asked him. "mama, take rest I will bring tea".

Before he answers her. She went to the kitchen to make tea for him. Meenakshi was not ready to face him. She wanted some time, so she started making tea for him.

Karthik followed her. He saw her cooking in the kitchen and his daughter playing with the toys. When he stood beside Kushi.

Kushi raised her arms to be picked up. Karthik laughed at her. Picked her up in his arms. Kushi was so small in his arms. Kushi clapped and giggled.

Karthik was happy. He missed his daughter. But he was confused because of Meenakshi's sudden entry.

"mama go and freshen up". Meenakshi said to him. Her back was facing his.