• 48

"Amma, I won't do that!" Kavya shouted, hearing her mother.

"Why? Even though he is not an heir, he holds a large sum of shares, and even that bitch Radha's share is also under him now because of her daughter's stupidity." Manjula said.

She was happy when she got to know that Radha's shares was passed to Meenakshi after her death. She thought to make her's those shares under Meenakshi's, but that girl changed everything! She just wrote of all the Radha's share under her husband!

"Amma, I think you are not in the right mind; we will talk about this later." Kavya said it angrily and was about to leave when Manjula stopped her by holding her wrist.

"What's so bad about him? Huh? He is handsome, he earns a lot, and moreover, in the future, if he decides to take over Legacy, no one stops him! And he is more suitable than Murali. That man is just a useless guy whose brain is on his knees! And his whole family is a big psycho!" Manjula said anything that came to her mind; with each word, her grip on Kavya's hand became tighter.

"And... and you can take revenge on Meenakshi, right? Just make that Karthik head over heels for you. I know you can do it! Just like Amma did, you can do it. I know you will definitely do it, right? Kavya will be controlling Legacy, the power that should be ours from the begin---"

"Amma stop!"

Kavya yelled, freeing her hand from her mother's grip. For a second, she thought her mother was not in her senses. She didn't understand what her mother was saying.

"Amma I will definitely ruin her life, but that doesn't mean I have to marry her husband, right?" Kavya said this in fury to her mother.

"But that's the only--"

"Amma, you may like a married man with a child already! But I don't want to get entangled with a married man who already has a child!" Kavya shouted in frustration. Before leaving to her room, she said in anger, "And I'm not like you!"

Kavya ran upstairs leaving Manjula shattered with her daughters words. She collapsed on sofa with a pain in her heart, when she heard Kavya's words.

***
"Where is that guy?" Vikram asked, taking a seat in front of Karthik, who was busy reading some files.

"Who?" Karthik asked without raising his head.

"Your soon-to-be 'headache' guy!" Vikram smirked, making Karthik narrow his eyes at him.

"He took sick leave" Karthik said, signing a few documents and asking, "Where the hell is that junior of yours?"

"I'M HERE!"

Roshan suddenly barged inside Karthik's room; he was panting heavily, and his heartbeat was beating fast.

"Again late?" Vikram asked, raising his eyebrows at Roshan.

"Late? I was.." Roshan yelled but stopped looking at his surroundings. He came near them and whispered, "I don't know who gave you guys the right to work here, but making a guy hack your police department system was equal to crime! I was sweating the whole time in fear of getting caught, and here you guys say I'm late!"

"Did you find anything?" Karthik ignored him and asked about the information he had asked about that day.

Roshan glared at Karthik, gave him the file, and complained to Vikram, "Senior, this guy didn't even say thanks to me for risking my life! How can you be friends with this man?"

"Don't cry Don't cry. You work hard. Come sit here" Vikram said, making Roshan sit besides him.

"It was Appa and Periyappa who filed a case against him!" Karthik said, making Vikram listen to him.