• 24

(Dedicating this song to Akash and Katyayani)

***
8:45am, inside the temple:

A big homa was set in the middle of the temple with the highest priest pouring ghee and the sub-priests chanting mantram. Muniswamy and Usha were conducting the poojai with them.

On the other side, some other priests were decorating the deity idol with the ornaments and dresses brought by them.

Meenakshi came outside the temple as she saw a vendor selling fresh jasmine flowers. Yesterday she forgot to buy some now she wants it. Jasmine is her favourite!.

"Where are you going?". Karthik who followed her out asked Meenakshi.

"Huh...I just need some jasmine flowers". Meenakshi said to him and was searching the vendor shop.

"I will buy, you be here" Karthik saw the crowd, he thought Meenakshi might be lost somewhere with this crowd.

"I should buy poojai items too" Meenakshi said to him. She forgot to buy poojai items and Karthik don't know much about these things.

"Just give me the list, I will buy". He gave Kushi to her. Seeing his stubbornness, Meenakshi said him the list of items.

Remembering everything in mind Karthik said Meenakshi to sit on the stone slab near the temple and went to bring the items.

"What we should do now..." Meenakshi said while looking around her. Kushi was silently keeping that dead flower in her hand examining it.

Meenakshi saw a small group of women surrounding a man, like he was some celebrity. Katyayani was laughing silently at that guy state. If she remembered that man is Katyayani fiance.

"Oh, our young lady's soon to be husband is you only ha?" A woman who was in her late 50's asked Akash.

"Yes.." Akash said while seeing towards Katyayani to help him. And Katyayani royally ignored him.

"See how thin you are. I think you are weak. Eat some Murungakkai sambar!" A old lady said while crushing her Areca nut.

Akash was done. He is done with them. He was OK until they teased him but now they questioned his male ego!.

"If your young lady agrees, then by next year there might be a little prince or princess for you guys to play. Right Katyayani?!". Akash said while smirking.

All women's there blushed listening him. Katyayani laugh turned into a slight blush but still glared at him. Meenakshi who heard it choked on air. 'Guy is on speed!'.

"Akka are you alright?". Sindhu who doesn't know form where she popped up saw Meenakshi coughing and asked if she is alright.

"Sindhu, yeah I'm alright. Come sit here". Meenakshi moved a little and patted the place beside her.

"Thank you akka... Walking with this baby bump, makes my leg in pain". Sindhu thanked her and sat. Meenakshi saw Sindhu sweating a little and even panting for air. She searched something in her bag, and passed a tissue and water bottle to her.

"Akka your are god to me! I was thirsty and my bag was with my family.." Sindhu was so great full and drank the water.

"And where is your.. family?" Meenakshi saw their surroundings but didn't find Tripura nor Lingam.