• 55

Next Day; 10:00am; LEGACY Headquarters; Madurai :

The morning sun painted the 'Legacy' headquarters with a golden hue as two black Rolls-Royce cars pulled up to the entrance. The atmosphere buzzed with anticipation and curiosity as renowned reporters gathered, eager to catch a glimpse of the newly appointed CEO.

As Karthik stepped out of the car, followed by Roshan and his parents, Kumaraswamy and Savithri, a wave of whispers and camera clicks followed him. The air was thick with excitement and tension, creating an electric atmosphere. Employees gathered, curious to witness the arrival of their new leader.

Entering the fancy hall of 'Legacy,' Karthik felt all eyes on him. The lobby was super fancy, with shiny floors and tall windows that made it look rich. People in nice suits watched him, some happy, some shocked and some worried.

As Karthik walked to the front, people had different reactions. Some were overjoyed, thinking he could make good changes. Others looked worried, thinking he might mess up things they liked. The people who joined hands in generational revenge felt uneasy, knowing he could mess up their plans.

Recognising Karthik as the former DCP of Coimbatore, reporters bombarded him with questions about his unexpected shift from law enforcement to the corporate world.

Reporter One - "DCP Karthikeyan, what prompted this sudden career change?"

Reporter Two - "How will your policing background influence your role as CEO?"

Maintaining his composure, Karthik ascended the stage set up in Legacy's big boardroom and, with a subtle yet confident smile, signed a document symbolizing his authority over 'Legacy'.

Kumaraswamy and Savithri had a big smile when they saw their son on stage. Kumaraswamy looked at the big photo frame of his Elder brother Velmurugan and his wife Padmavati hung on the white plain wall, and with a small smile, he said, "Bless him, Anna. He is taking over the control of 'Legacy' to put an end to the revenge game that started with us. Protect him..."

Reporter Three - "Is it true you resigned as DCP just yesterday?"

Reporter One - "How do you plan to handle the transition from law enforcement to the corporate sector?"

Karthik smirked and replied, "Transition is my forte. From enforcing laws to setting new rules, it's all about control. 'Legacy' will witness a different kind of authority now."

Roshan stood by his side and whispered, "Time to give some speech..."

Karthik looked at everyone present there: renown reporters, trustworthy board members, hardworking employees, and finally his eyes fell on Chinaraju's men.

With a small nod, Karthik stood behind the podium, adjusted the mic, and spoke, "Ladies and gentlemen, esteemed members of the 'Legacy' team,

Today marks a new chapter in the journey of our esteemed company. As I stand before you as the newly appointed CEO, I want to express my deep gratitude for the warm welcome I have received from many of you.

We are a team, a family, and together, we will soar to new heights of success. My vision for 'Legacy' is not just about financial growth but also about fostering a work environment where each one of you can thrive, contribute your best, and achieve personal and professional fulfillment.

However, in every journey, there are obstacles. Let me be clear to those who may harbor ill intentions: 'Legacy' will not be a playground for personal vendettas or hidden agendas. We will rise above challenges, but those who seek to undermine the values and progress of this company will find no refuge here.