• 09

Everyone settled down on the dining table. When Meenakshi went to serve them, Tulsi stopped her. "I kept this lunch for your family. You sit here".

"But.."

"Go sit beside your husband". Gayathri told her.

Without any choice she sat beside her husband. Tulsi and Gayathri served them. Kushi was still with Krishnan. He made her sit on his lap. And let her eat small pieces of food.

"This much varieties ha!!". Vikram saw that his plate was almost filled with alot of dishes.

Krishnan's family are Brahmins; the food items are pure vegetarian.
Annam, sambar, paruppu, kolambu, rasam, mor, keera kootu, ayival, beans poriyal, thogaiyal, sundal and a special sweet brought by Saravanan.

Karthik ate less as he was the one who would be driving the car.

He saw Meenakshi was enjoying the sweet. Karthik kept his sweet on her plate. Meenakshi first saw him confused.

But smiled shyly . 'He still knew it!.'

Meenakshi has a big sweet tooth. During her pregnancy, she carved for more sweets in the middle of the night. And Karthik would be on his task to fill her carvings.

While Karthik is more into spice and bitter things.

Meenakshi ate that sweet too.

The lunch was full of laughter. Either Saravana would crack a joke or Krishnan with a straight face.

All were sitting in the living hall, when Gayathri and Tulsi brought a big plate. "Meena come and sit here".

She sat down infront of a pooja room. Tulsi forward the small plate of kumkumam and turmeric powder infront of her.

Meenakshi took some tumeric powder, applied it on her both jawlines. Took kumkumam, applied on her hair line and inbetween her forehead.

"Do it to your thali also." Tulsi told her.

Understanding, Meenakshi took out her thali and applied kumkumam on it.

Then Meenakshi spread her saree pallu infront of them. Gayathri and Tulsi both gave a plate filled with saree, bangles, sweets, Jasmine flowers and some money to her.

Gayathri took the Jasmine and adored Meenakshi's hair with it. Meenakshi stood up and signaled Karthik to stand beside her.

"Thatha, pati bless us".

Krishnan gave Kushi to Vikram and stood beside his wife. Karthik and Meenakshi bent over to touch their feet for blessings.

Tulsi and Krishnan took some yellow rice from the plate and threw it on there heads and blessed them.

Saravanan and Gayathri also blessed the couples. They gave a sliver cup and spoon to Kushi as a gift.

Vikram gave a small doll of her size to Kushi as a gift.

"We will leave now". Karthik informed them.

Everyone went outside, Vikram made Kushi sit on her baby seat in the back seat.

Meenakshi hugged both ladies. "We will leave now."

"Have a safe journey dear". Tulsi said to her.

"Take care". Gayathri said to her.

Meenakshi sat in the passenger sit. And was waiting for husband to come.

"Don't over stress yourself." Saravanan said to Karthik.