• 25

Second day of Jatharai; 9:40am:

After visiting the temple, Meenakshi was serving them hot idli with chutney as breakfast.

"Chitti, I will never cook again. Because you saw how disaster we made yesterday". Aditya was crying and eating his breakfast in joy. 'Your cooking skills are best Chitti!!'.

"Stop it.." Karthik literally hid his head in embarrassment.

"Why should I? Who said 'I know how to cook' but end up making rice into a hard rock! Who??". Aditya was taunting his uncle.

"I. Said. Stop. It" Karthik looked straight into Aditya's eye to make him stop.

"That. Was. A. Disaster!". Aditya was scared yet he talked in a same way as Karthik and turned his head away in an attitude.

Meenakshi silently laughed but shut her mouth when Karthik raised his eyebrows at her. 'You dare to laugh?'

Meenakshi knew if she laughed now he would surely make her suffer (in a sweet way) afterwards.

Sighing Karthik silently ate his breakfast. He should have just ordered food yesterday. Because of his over confidence, he made himself embarrassed infront of her.

Yesterday, Karthik thought to cook dinner for themselves. Even though he doesn't know much about cooking, he thought to cook using the internet.

After searching for an hour he found simple dish. Curd Rice!.

For that he needs to cook rice. So he made it as what they wrote in website. He don't know where he gone wrong. The rice turned into hard rock.

With those sounds in the kitchen Meenakshi woke up and saw the disaster made by them. Sighing, Meenakshi shooed them from the kitchen and cooked a simple dinner for them.

"By the way Chittappa.." Aditya gulped his food before talking to him. Karthik was waiting for him to complete it.

"Yesterday I got the mail from Coimbatore University " In mean Aditya got admission in both colleges. Karthik and Meenakshi were happy hearing it.

"Which one you gonna join?" Meenakshi asked him.

"I will say my decision infront of thatha!" Aditya said to them. They both agreed.

"Ok. Let's go for shopping, we need to buy items" Karthik said to them. As they should do prasadam next day they need to buy items for it.

"Let's go!" Aditya was in a good mood.

"Ya gah!" Kushi copied her brother. Meenakshi and Karthik laughed at both of them and left the home.

***
"Total xxxx rupees aiya". The ration store owner said while giving the bill to Karthik. The helpers were keeping the items inside the sack, Aditya was helping them while Meenakshi was seeing whether they gave everything or not.

Karthik took the bill which was written in pen. He saw once and took out his wallet from his back pocket and paid him cash.

Kushi who was in Karthik's arm took his wallet from him and examined it. The wallet had a locking system so he didn't worried about cash falling down. He went towards Meenakshi and Aditya.

"You got everything?" Karthik stood beside Meenakshi and asked her.

"Yes" Meenakshi said to him.

"Let me drop you guys to home" Karthik said to them when his phone rang.

"One minute.." Karthik gave Kushi to Meenakshi and went a little far to talk.

"I sent that file which you asked through fax!" Arun said and ended the call.