• 47

"Dear Karthik,

Is my tone too formal? Haha..

How are you doing, da? Why am I asking? I guess I would have left you all forever by the time this letter gets to you.

Well, I'm good!. How? Knowing Meenakshi is safe in your care, I'm happy. I'm not at all worried because I know you'll keep her safe at all times!

Do you still receive criticism from my daughter? I am aware that she is causing you the most difficulty; after all, I married her against her will. She isn't like that, I assure you. Once she begins to trust you, keep in mind that she will not leave you. Even when she becomes ghost, my daughter will follow you around! Haha.

I'm writing you this letter to let you know that my husband Natarajan is not as terrible as we think him to be; rather, he is merely a pawn to someone who is plotting an bigger scheme against our family.

I was at home alone a few days after your marriage. While I was taking walks in the garden, my husband hurriedly returned from the office and was screaming into the phone, telling the other person to stop blackmailing him or he won't be working for him any longer. I couldn't make sense of what he was saying. I paid close attention to what he said next since it drew my interest. He claimed to have evidence against him and would report him to the police if he tried to use blackmail once again. But I'm not sure what was said on the other end; in spite of his pale appearance, he kept repeating, 'No, no, don't bring her to this mess, she is innocent! I shall follow your instructions.' and hurriedly left the home cursing someone badly.

On that day, I was curious about the person on the other end of the call who was making my husband scared and follow his instructions. Because I was thinking too much, my brain was sore. I made the decision to peek into his study because he always has an important thing hidden there.

The following day, as soon as he left for work, I sneaked into his study and checked through his stuff. A box in his desk drawer caught my eye. I opened it right away to see a few files and an old keypad phone. There was only one call recording when I first switched on the phone. Which was conversation between my husband and the mysterious person who said, 'You should get married to Radha, I will help you in becoming CEO of KMG!' And in response, my husband said, 'Ok, Mr. Chidambaram.'

After reading the documents and listening to the audio, I realise that this is not an issue over company ownership or between rival businesses. Karthik, it has to do with eliminating the blood relatives of 'Legacy'!

I believe that, this person named Chidambaram is connected to 'Legacy' in some way. I believe that he is seeking revenge against our family. I believe he has finally succeeded in his first objective; eliminating my parents! He may possibly be responsible for running my marital life and for Raajan's divorce, in my opinion. He is currently behind Chittappa and you guys, if I'm not mistaken.

As an heir, I knew the 'Legacy' was not as pure on the inside as it appeared from the outside when I first entered it. I never meant to stay there for even a second, and I got married sooner to get out of that place.

However, Karthik, after seeing him responsible for my parents' death, I believe he sowed his seeds in 'Legacy' years ago. These seeds have now grown into a big tree with roots that reach out and are prepared to attack you people at any time.

Karthik, although I am aware that you hate this, I believe it is now time for you to take on the role of the eldest heir of 'Legacy'! In order to discover who Chidambaram is and how 'Legacy' offended him to the point of going to such lengthy to eliminate everyone connected to it.

You must control the 'Legacy' with the intent to bring down Chidambaram in order to protect your family, your wife, and your daughter from him. Considering that my brother is the CEO of 'Legacy', I hope you can appreciate that this will be my final request for you.