• 10

Madurai, 7:40pm:

Karthik drove slowly inside the big gates and stopped the car infront of the mansion. He came outside and unbuckled Kushi's seat belt and carried her.

Kushi, who was awoke from her sleep, was looking at everything with her big doe eyes.

A lady stood infront of the door, waiting for them with aarti plate.

Savithri stopped them near the entrance. She took aarti of them. It was Kushi's first time visiting her father's home.

Karthik allowed Kushi to walk on her own. She walked inside the home. Meenakshi, Karthik and Savithri followed her.

"Kushi..come here..come to athai."

"Here Kushi...come to your handsome anna".

A girl in her early 20s and a boy in his late teens squatted a little bit farther from Kushi. She stared at both of them.

Kushi walked slowly as she was still learning how to walk. She passed those two guys and hugged the person's leg behind them.

"Appa it's not fair!". Divya said when she saw her father standing behind them.

"Yes thatha!. I and Div athai had a bet. Now everything ruined!". Aditya complained to him.

"Kushi like me more then you both! It's not my problem.." He picked up Kushi in his arms. And kissed her. He missed his Kushi.

Kushi giggled and clapped her hands as she successfully completed her task.

"Thatha.." Meenakshi said in a low voice and hugged him.

While carrying Kushi in one arm, Kumaraswamy hugged Meenakshi in the other arm.

Meenakshi's nose became runny. She controlled her tears. In her last life, because of her, he went through a lot.. first because of Radha's death; second when she refused to come back home and third when she sent a divorce notice to Karthik.

After going through two cardiac attack, Kumaraswamy was bed ridden for the rest of his life.

Meenakshi doesn't want to repeat that mistake again.

Kumaraswamy thought Meenakshi was sad because of Radha's death, so he kissed her forehead to console her.

***
Everyone sat in the living room. Aditya was playing with Kushi. "Kushi say bye...see shake your hands like this...byeee". He was teaching her how to say bye.

"How is these??". Savithri showed them a pair of silver anklets.

Meenakshi saw the baby anklets. "It's beautiful and so cute, pati".

"It's cute right???". Savithri asked in excitement.

"Yes ma". Karthik said to her.

"Kushi will wear her new anklets". Aditya carried Kushi with her and sat beside Savithri.

Savithri removed the old anklets and gave them to Meenakshi, and made Kushi wear new ones.

Kushi kicked her leg in the air, letting everyone hear the sound of her anklets.