• 45

"Slightly cut the lemon into four pieces and fill the gap with dark vermilion. Take a medium mud bowl, fill it with water, vermilion, add a few drops of your own blood and a few strands of hair of the person whom you want to break relations with.."

"What the *cough* *cough*!" Karthik choked on his food and coughed with a horrified look, seeing his sister.

"Drink this." Meenakshi poured the water inside the glass and gave it to Karthik as she rubbed his back.

"Attai?" Aditya's spoon slipped from his grip as he looked at the person sitting in front of him.

"Huh?" Feeling someone was staring at her, Divya looked up and saw three members looking at her with horrified and weird looks on their faces.

"What? Something on my face?" Divya asked, pausing the video on her phone.

"Plug the earphones" Aditya said, pointing at her phone. Divya saw and plugged in her earphone to the phone and said, "That's why I think the sound quality was bad. Thanks Adi"

"What are you? A black magician?" Karthik yelled at his sister, who was focused on her phone and didn't listen to him.

"Anni, don't disturb me; I have important work." Divya got up from her seat and went inside Kushi's play. Leaving Karthik dumbfounded.

"Why is she acting like that?" Karthik turned and asked Meenakshi, who shuddered her shoulder and said, "Don't know, since morning she has been browsing on her phone."

"I thought she would come late, but she came around five in the morning. She looked like she didn't get a wink of sleep yesterday" Meenakshi said worriedly, packing Aditya's lunch.

"Is Attai worried about something?" Aditya asked in concern, took his spoon, and started eating his breakfast.

"I don't think so." Karthik mumbled and ate his breakfast. His sister isn't someone who gets simply worried; only Arun can answer him now.

"Oh no!" Aditya suddenly got up and ran towards his room. Karthik just saw it and continued his breakfast.

"I think it's about 'him'! If he cheats on my Divi, I'm going to chop his head and do pakoda!"

Karthik turned towards the voice of the owner and widened his eyes, gulping his food. He saw Meenakshi holding the knife in her hand, and there was that cunning smile on her face.

Somewhere, Arun sneezed as he buttoned up his shirt. "What is this? Cold in Summer?"

"Well, I think Divya can handle it, right?" Karthik said, making Meenakshi look at him. "Yes, Divi can." Meenakshi continued to chop fruits for Aditya's lunch box.

"I almost forgot my record book." Aditya happily swings on the stairs and keeps his book inside his bag along with his lunchbox.

"Bye Chitti, Chittappa" Aditya said, taking the water bottle from the dining table, waving at them with a big smile, and going outside the home to meet Harish.

"Does this guy fall somewhere and get hit in the head?" Karthik asked as if he was surprised to hear Aditya calling him 'Chittappa!'

"He is enjoying his college life." Meenakshi got up from the chair as Karthik nodded and continued eating his breakfast.

Meenakshi stood in front of the playroom and knocked on the door. "Divi, did Kushi wake up?"

Not opening the door, Meenakshi again knocked on the door and called her name. Seeing the door not open, she thought Divya must keep her earplugs in full volume.

"Yes, Anna?"

Meenakshi turned towards the voice and saw Karthik put his phone on speaker as he continued to eat.