• 31

It's been a week since Yamuna's Vaalaikappu. Karthik was fully recovered from his shoulder injury and on weekend, Kumaraswamy planned to throw a big party for Khusi's first birthday.

***
A warm and pleasant wind blew the window curtains, gently waking up the person sleeping in the bed.

Karthik moved his hands to the other side of the bed. When he didn't feel anything, Karthik opened his eyes wide and saw an empty place beside him.

Karthik frowned and sat on the bed, did a little stretch while looking at the antic clock in his room and saw the wardrobe room light was on.

"It's just five in the morning. Why did she wake up this early?" Karthik yawned a little while stepping out of bed.

He walked towards the balcony and opened the glass door. He stepped in to get some fresh morning air. Karthik took a deep breath and let go while rubbing his hands together.

Karthik bent a little to see what was going on when he heard some commotion happening near the entrance of their house.

He saw some workers coming and going out while carrying different types of flowers and some poojai decoration items.

"What's happening this early?"

Karthik murmured, still yawning, but he stopped in the middle when he remembered something.

"Oh shit!"

He hurriedly closed the balcony doors and ran towards his baby, who was sleeping peacefully in her baby crib.

Karthik smiled, seeing Kushi smiling in her sleep. He bent a little and kissed her forehead. Kushi was everything to him.

"Happy Birthday da chellam"

He again kissed her forehead and took her hand with his index finger; Kushi, in her sleep, got a tight grip on it. Seeing this, Karthik, who was happy before, became more happy and kissed her hand.

"Sorry, da chellam. Appa forgot it, but see, I'm the first one to wish you, right?"

"No. You are the second one."

"Her Amma wished her first" Meenakshi said while she came out of the wardrobe room.

Hearing Meenakshi's voice, Karthik turned back and saw Meenakshi tying towel around her wet hair. Hot water droplets from her hair were sliding down from her slender neck and going inside her blouse.

Karthik's eyes stuck on the water droplets while his Adam apple moved upwards, seeing the droplet slide inside her blouse.

'ouch!'

Karthik came from his dream world and turned his head towards Kushi, who was biting his finger in her sleep.

'Even though you are sleeping, you won't let me enjoy my wife's beauty! Kushi, are you dada's girl or amma's girl?'

Karthik silently cried, carefully took out his finger from her mouth, and covered her properly inside the sheets.

"Doesn't poojai start around ten? Why are you getting ready this early?" Karthik said this while walking towards Meenakshi.

"Have you forgotten mama?" Karthik brows knitted hearing Meenakshi.

"Patti said strictly that everyone should be ready before 6:00 a.m. She wants to visit the kovil before starting the poojai." Meenakshi laughed a little when she saw how Karthik's face changed. He was sure scared of his mother's scoldings.

"Why am I forgetting everything?" Karthik murmured to himself.

"Meena where's my towel?"

Meenakshi passed the towel to him, which he literally snatched from her and went towards the bathroom.