Bonus 01

Two Years Later;
Shakti Colony:

"Meena, it's getting late, ma!" Karthik said this while descending the stairs and adjusting his wrist watch.

"Two minutes, mama." Meenakshi shouted from the kitchen while preparing tea and breakfast for him.

"I need to hurry, ma." Karthik said and took a seat besides his kushi, who got ready in her school uniform and was playing with her food.
"Good morning, da chellam." Karthik kissed her forehead.

"Good morning, Paa!" Kushi said with a big smile, making Karthik melt at her cuteness. Then his eyes fell on Kushi's plate, where she neatly picked up the vegetables from her food.

"Kushi.." Knowing her father would lecture her, she said, "Appa! I LOVE YOU!"

Kushi ate one last spoon of upma and ran towards the living room, leaving Karthik in a dumbfounded state and unable to process what his daughter said.

"Eat mama.."

Karthik saw Meenakshi keeping his breakfast in front of him and sitting on the chair besides him, wiping her sweat from her saree pallu.

"What happened?" Meenakshi asked as she saw him grinning.

Karthik pointed at Kushi's half-eaten plate and said, "Kushi loves me more."

"Loves what?" Meenakshi looked in the direction he pointed with a frown. Seeing Kushi's half-eaten plate, she understood what her husband was referring to and said, "She loves even a stranger if she wants something."

"Huh?" Karthik asked Meenakshi, who stood up and took Kushi's half-eaten breakfast and went towards her, nodding to Karthik's question.

Karthik shook his head, turned towards the living room, and said a little loudly, "Still, I'm her favourite!"

"Whatever.." Meenakshi said without turning back and fed those vegetables to Kushi, who silently ate without arguing with her mother. She never won an argument with her, nor did her father win against her mother.

Karthik smiled upon seeing them and started eating his breakfast after hearing the mother-daughter rants.

"Maa vendaaa," Kushi said, moving her mouth away from the spoon.
(Maa, Noo)

"Eat Kushi!" Meenakshi said it in a raised voice.
Hearing her mother's angry voice, Kushi ate one spoon and thought to show her puppy eyes.

"Maa, enough, please," Kushi said, making her universal puppy eye.

"Just two spoons, ma." Meenakshi stuffed one spoon full of upma with veggies. Making Kushi look like a small, angry bird.

How can she forget that her puppy eyes work on all her family members, even on her Renu Aunty, but not on her mother?

Meenakshi controlled her smile, seeing Kushi pouting in anger yet completing her food without any further talk.

"Waaahh Waahhh"

A sharp cry filled the room, stopping everyone from their work.

Meenakshi, who stopped feeding Kushi and was about to leave to check on her second daughter, was stopped by Karthik, who said he would look after and continue feeding their Kushi.

With a smile, Meenakshi made Kushi complete her food, wiped her mouth with her saree pallu, and went inside the kitchen, taking Kushi's and Karthik's empty plates.

Karthik came outside from the playroom, giving little kisses to her second daughter, who was giggling and laughing in his arms.

Kushi, who was drinking the water, stopped and turned back. Seeing her baby sister, her eyes lit up, and she grinned, "Mokshi Papaa!"

Seeing Kushi jumping on the sofa and asking her father to let her see her baby sister, Karthik walked and made Mokshi sit on the sofa besides Kushi. He took the remote from the TV unit and turned on his second daughter's favourite rhymes.