• 16

Karthik banged the sofa's armrest in excitement. "Ouch!". He rubbed his hands, and saw towards his wife and children, he sighed in relief when he saw their sleeping face.

He again read the file. 'f**k, I was right when I said I heard his name somewhere!'.

Selvan, has a big criminal record. Starting at age of seventeen, he was jailed three times. One of the biggest crimes he did was at age of twenty five, where he murdered the jewelry shop owner. That was the last criminal record he had ten years back. Then Selvan disappeared mysteriously.

'Then why did he came to this village? There are so many villages without police stations, but why he choose this one?And why because of him, fifteen officers changed? On top of that what about that mysterious file???.' Karthik leaned his head over the sofa and closed his eyes for some time.

Thinking for few minutes, Karthik got up from the sofa searched something in the drawer, after finding his cigarette packet, taking his phone he went outside.

He went by backdoor and stood in varenda. Karthik took out a cigarette, kept inbetween his mouth and lit up. He took a deep puff, and let go of his stress. He dialed a number. He waited till it was picked up.

"Hello..?". A sleepy voice came from the other end of the phone.

"I need your help". Karthik came straight to the point.

There was moment of silence. "It's twelve in morning. Are you drunk?".

"Dei, you need my sister's approval or not?". Karthik knew how to get this man to work for him.

"Tch!...What work?". That person was annoyed by Karthik's blackmail.

"Good. I will send a number. I want six month ago call records of that number." Karthik said as he took another puff.

"By morning I need that file". Karthik added, leaving the smoke in the air.

"Dei! Morning ha?.. just because of your sister, I am enduring you or else ..". That person was really annoyed by Karthik.

"Otherwise, what will you do? Have you ever said your love to her?". Karthik thought to tease him.

"Do you think loving someone is easy?". Even he was ready to fight!.

"I don't think so you will get a chance to be my brother-in-law.." Karthik said slowly so that person can clearly hear it.

"What do you mean." That person snapped at him.

"My parents are searching a guy for her". Well Karthik didn't lie this time. Indeed after Divya's graduation they are ready to marry her.

"Sirr....why?" That person cried from the other end.

"What?. First dei and now Sir?. What happened Mr. Arun Ramlingam? Did you finally recognise me as you 'sir' now?" Karthik said in a sarcasm.

"Sir..sir..please sir..stop that searching thing". Arun was pleading him. Yes, Arun had a huge crush on Divya which later turned into love.

"What will I get from that?" Karthik asked him.

"I will be a good brother-in-law to you!". Arun said while laughing awkwardly. He can do anything, just he needs sometime to say his love to her.

"This.. anyone can be a 'good' brother-in-law to me". Karthik replied to him.

"Ok, Ok let's make a deal!. I will send that file to you by morning. And you, stop that groom searching thing". Arun can stay up all night to stop that groom searching.

Karthik acted as he was thinking. "Umm....Ok. I can stop it for time being. You better hurry up!".

"Good. And you keep in mind that only I can be your younger brother-in-law!. Now go to hell!". Arun said in frustration and cut the call.