• 27

Fourth day of jatharai; 9:00am near the dance stage:

"I think we should leave from here, Kushi is feeling uncomfortable with these sounds" Meenakshi said to Karthik as she saw Kushi making crying faces.

"Ok" Karthik took them near the small tent which was set up by his team members.

Today as fourth day, the whole day is going to be full of songs, drums sounds, dance. On top of that, the village deity is decorated with turmeric and sandalwood paste which later distributed among the people.

The villagers think keeping a small dough of that turmeric paste in home would keep away the evil eye. Because of that more people from neighbouring village came to visit temple today. Due to that Karthik need to took help from neighbour officers and set up small tents around the temple for safety of the peoples.

"Anni.." Ali brought a glass of cold water from the mud pot as Meenakshi was sweating from the heat.

"Thank you.." Meenakshi took the glass from him and drank it in one gulp.

Meenakshi saw Kushi was with Lingam playing with other constables. She searched for Aditya in crowd and found him with his friends, 'enjoying the last few days of my freedom'. That's why he said to Meenakshi this morning.

"What are you going to do today?" Karthik asked her. He stood infront of her to block the morning sunrays directly hitting her face.

"Shopping!" Meenakshi whole face was lit up. It had been ages she did a shopping.

"Shopping?" Karthik asked her in doubt to which Meenakshi nodded her head. He looked at their surroundings and again looked at Meenakshi with his brows raised.

"What?" Meenakshi asked him.

"Shopping and here?" Karthik asked her again in doubt.

Because he knew, for Meenakshi shopping means it should be some high top luxurious brand things but she is talking about shopping in small stalls where some vendor selling their items on the ground.

"Yes. I heard this village is good at their hand crafted things" Meenakshi played with her hair stands and lowered her eyes.

She knew why her husband is asking this. Indeed in her previous life, she would always shop in some luxurious mall and always buy a top brand items. It was her father who made her addictive to those things, as he owned many luxurious malls in Tamil Nadu.

After marriage, she would empty the card balance which Karthik gave her within a week buying unwanted expensive things and even he would buy her some jewelry time to time to satisfy her. In end, he never complained her nor did he got angry on her. All he did was give Meenakshi everything thing she wanted.

Meenakshi had a small smile and looked up in Karthik's eyes. 'But in this life I want to experience something new, something different from my previous life'.

Karthik observed her smile. He smiled while shaking his head a little, and took out his wallet from his back pocket and gave her. "If you need still, call me and I can't come home for lunch"

Meenakshi nodded her head and took few cash and kept the wallet back inside the Karthik's shirt pocket and tapped a little on it.

"This money is enough for me and don't skip your lunch, eat something outside" Meenakshi ordered him.

"Ok" Karthik kissed her forehead and assigned Ali to look after them.

Meenakshi, Kushi and Ali all three of them went to shopping in those small shops. Meenakshi saw all different types of objects and items, she thought to buy some items as gifts to her family and friends.