• 56

A Few Days Later; 7:45 pm; Karthikeyan Home :

"Anni, thanks for helping me." Meenakshi said, she was coming out of the kitchen, whipping her wet hand against the cloth.

"Mention not, Meena" Kalini said, removing her apron, neatly folding it, and keeping it aside.

"I could not have prepared this much food by myself. It's all because of you!" Meenakshi spoke out, and Kalini grinned when she heard her.

Gandivan, who was sitting on the sofa, looked at the duo near the kitchen and exclaimed, "Liar," when he heard Meenakshi's statements. Aditya and Markandeyan agreed with him. They all know if it's Meenakshi; she can cook for hundreds of people on her own. Cooking for a few people of ten to fifteen members is easy task to her.

"Stop, na. Meena is doing everything she can to make Kalini her Anni. And here you are..." Renuka told them. She was peeling an orange for herself and Kushi, who was standing with the support of Renuka's legs.

"Shouldn't mama(uncle) do his best? Why is Chitti making an effort?" Aditya asked the question in hushed tones.

"Pfft-"

When Gandivan saw Markandeyan's done face, he suppressed his laughter. "Your mama doesn't have any experience in this matter; that's why Meena took charge and trying her best!" he pulled Aditya towards him and said.

As Gandivan finished speaking, Markandeyan hit him on the head. "What-?" they both asked each other. But they came to a halt when they heard Kalini's voice.

"I will leave now, Meena.." Kalini said as she carried her handbag. Markandeyan rose to his feet and took his car keys to drop her off.

"Hear he goes.." Gandivan stared at Markandeyan, who was about to smack Gandivan again when they all heard the doorbell.

"I think they arrived, I will open the door!" Aditya ran excitedly towards the door. He was overjoyed when he learned that all of his family would be living in the same place for the time being.

"Pattiii!!" Aditya opened the door and saw his grandparents standing outside; he hugged his grandmother first, then his great-grandmother, then his both attai's, and finally his Siva mama(uncle), and carried Arjun on his back, making his grandfather roll his eyes.

"Dei, let them come inside da!" Gandivan said and assist them in carrying their luggage.

Everyone went inside one by one, and Kushi watched them with curiosity. When she spotted a familiar white-haired man, she ran cheerfully towards Kumaraswamy, exclaiming, "Tha-Tha!!"

"What if my grandson doesn't care, my granddaughter loves me!" Kumaraswamy excitedly held his Kushi in his arms and kissed her.

Meenakshi hugged her grandparents and offered them water while Vikram's parents reached right after them. The once-empty hall and dinning area were filled with members; elderly sat in chairs and sofas, while youngsters sat on the floor in their own groups and chatting. But Meenakshi's gaze was fixed on the front door, waiting for someone.

"Whom you are looking for?" Vaitheeshwari asked Meenakshi, who kept her gaze fixed on the main door.

"That.." Before Meenakshi could respond, Yamuna said, "Who else would the wife wait for, patti? Furthermore, they hadn't seen each other for over a week.."

Everyone smiled as they saw Meenakshi's blush, and Divya told her, "He's cheating on you, Anni. Instead of seeing his first family, he went to visit his second set-up."

When she heard Divya, Meenakshi's eyes widened. On the other hand, Gandivan, who was eating an orange with seed, suddenly choked at hearing Divya's comments, and Renuka rubbed his back to stop the cough.