• 22

Selvan looked at Dhiraj as if he saw some ghost. "Don't talk nonsense".

"Why would I?". Dhiraj said and asked him to look at her again.

Selvan did as he said.

Vermillion between her hair partition and one small above her bindi. And gold long nuptial chain around her neck. And silver toe rings!. She is married!!.

He didn't like it, he got the urge to throw that thaali away from her neck. She can only be his!. If he laid his eyes on something that has to his at end!.

Selvan was about to walk towards Meenakshi but Dhiraj stopped him. Selvan glared at him.

"What? Don't look at me like that. See there.." Dhiraj eyed towards their right side. Selvan saw few elder peoples in white and white walking towards here. Those people are same peoples who attended today's meeting.

'Tch'. Selvan left the place with frustration. 'I have to do something about that officer!'.

On the other hand Dhiraj thanked God for sending those elders at the right time and silently followed Selvan.

***
The rehearsal gone till five in the evening. Those girls were sweating but said they want to practice perfectly.

"Ok girls. I think we should stop here..." Meenakshi said while carrying Kushi who woke up and wants her Amma to carry her.

"And tomorrow your costumes will be delivered. So please come to my home we will see whether we have to do any alternation." Meenakshi informed them. All the girls were happy hearing it. Finally they will see their final costumes.

All girls left except Eshwari, she was waiting for Meenakshi to come with her. She went and sat beside Tripura. Sindhu passed the water bottle seeing her tired face.

"Everything going smoothly.." Tripura said. She was happy though. She silently thanked Meenakshi for the help.

"Yes." Meenakshi said while taking a milk bottle from her emergency bag. And started feeding Kushi.

Those ladies were talking when Aditya along with Karthik and Lingam came towards those ladies group.

"You guys are still here?". Lingam asked seeing his wife and pregnant child near the lake bank. Meenakshi was about to stand to greet them when Karthik stopped and sat beside her.

"Worked finished earlier?". Meenakshi asked him.

"Yes". Karthik moved a little closer to Meenakshi to see his daughter's face.

When Kushi's little hand scratched the small feeding bottle from Meenakshi hand and drank. Her hands were small to hold that bottle yet she took it one hand while wiggling her other hand.

Both Meenakshi and Karthik saw their daughter and smiled. Karthik bent a little and moved Kushi's baby hairs behind her ear. "Beautiful.."

"Yes". Meenakshi agreed.

"You both are beautiful together..." Sindhu said getting their attention.

"Huh?". Meenakshi was confused what Sindhu is saying. Then she saw Karthik face near to her's. Suddenly her heart beat started raising.

"Thank you.." Karthik gladly thanked her.

"I..I think we should leave now. It's getting dark!". Meenakshi said while standing up from her place, she went towards the jeep carring Kushi in her arms. She heard Karthik's along with others laughs. 'why your appa is acting like this?'. Meenakshi said in a low voice to Kushi. As if she understands, Kushi giggled at her Amma.