• 53

11:30 am; Kumaraswamy Mansion :

"What made you change your decision?"

Kumaraswamy stood near his floor-to-ceiling window, observing at Saravanan and Rao Mohanji's family members, who were busy bidding farewell to Savithri and other members.

Karthik, who was seated across from his father on the sofa, spoke only one word: "Chidambaram..."

Kumaraswamy abruptly turned with an expression that Karthik easily read: 'How do you know about him?'

"How--" Before Kumaraswamy asked him anything, Karthik calmly said, "He may be dead, but his children are still alive."

"If you are willing to become CEO for that reason, then forget it. Mind your police job, and I can handle it till Aditya is ready to take over the CEO chair" Kumaraswamy said in his usual stern voice. He wanted to stop this revenge game with him, but he always had a small fear: 'What if I die suddenly?'

"What if you die suddenly?" Karthik asked with a straight face. But Kumaraswamy's soul left him after hearing his son's words.

"You will kill me? Your own father!" Kumaraswamy asked, taking a few steps back and protecting him from his son.

Karthik rolled his eyes at his father's action. He got up and walked towards him. "I like my mother adoring herself, so don't even try to kill yourself in your dream! I just stated the fact that you are not young anymore."

"In the end, all you care about is your mother! Are you really my son? And don't talk about my age; I'm still leaving in my 20s!" Kumaraswamy said this and glared at Karthik, who was ignoring his words.

"It will take a month or two months for me to resign from my current job, so by then, just do what I asked you" Karthik said, hugging his father.

"I want this game to end with our generation. Let Aditya rule 'Legacy' peacefully..."

Hearing those words, Kumaraswamy got emotional and hugged Karthik back. Even though 'Legacy' was started by both brothers, Velmurugan has a big hand in 'Legacy', which made on top today. And Kumaraswamy always wanted Velmurugan's son, Raajan, to take over the CEO position, but he left everything behind to his son. So, he decided that 'Legacy' would be his brother's grandson, Aditya's. But not to burden an 18-year-old child with business issues, and him being old enough to don't know when his life will end, he wanted somewhere in his heart that his son, Karthik, take over the CEO position until Aditya is ready. And let him get retirement from 'Legacy'.

*Knock**Knock*

There was a knock on the door. "Sir, Vaitheeshwari Amma is calling you" the servant said.

"Let's go now" Kumaraswamy said, looking at Karthik with a proud smile. Karthik gave a nod and followed his father.

"Sir, private jets are ready."

A bulky man dressed in black said that as soon as Kumaraswamy came out, he just gave a nod and went downstairs, with Karthik following him behind.

"Private jet?" Karthik asked Kumaraswamy. It was decided that they were travelling by car, and no one was informed about the sudden change in plan.

"Meena said it was uncomfortable for her to travel in a car, so I thought to arrange a private jet for you guys" Kumaraswamy replied to Karthik, who just nodded his head in understanding.

Karthik saw Vaitheeshwari walking outside her room with the help of her walking stick, with two maids beside her to help. Meenakshi came inside the home and helped Vaitheeshwari walk outside. Karthik and Kumaraswamy followed them out to say goodbye to Rao Mohanji's family.