• 34

9:30 am, Highways road, near tea stall :

"Are you OK, Meena?" Karthik asked in concern, rubbing Meenakshi's back to control her nausea.

"I am fine, mama" a weak voice replied. Karthik made her sit on a nearby bench.

"Chitti, take this." Aditya passed the water bottle to Meenakshi and sat besides her.

"We should go to the hospital" Karthik said as he was searching for the nearest hospital on his phone.

"Chittappa, I asked the shop owner when I was buying the bottle. He said a hospital is about 8 kilometres from here" Aditya informed his uncle. He asked the shop owner when he was buying the bottle.

"Then let's go" Karthik said.

"No, mama, I'm fine" Meenakshi tried to convince her husband.

"See how weak you are, and you are saying you are fine. Really, Meena?" Karthik didn't like how Meenakshi was pushing herself.

"I'm really alright. I just need some sleep." Meenakshi tried her best to convince Karthik.

Karthik stared at her for a few seconds and kept his hand on her forehead to check the temperature.

Her temperature was normal, and Karthik thought it might be because of a lack of sleep that Meenakshi was nauseous.

"Let's go. Have some sleep in the car." Karthik finally agreed with his wife.

Meenakshi sighs in relief. 'I don't want to visit the hospital. After a checkup, either doctor would say I have low blood pressure or high BP. In the end, Mama thinks I am hiding things from him.'

Meenakshi got up from the bench but stumbled on her foot because of her dizziness. 'Why?? Wait until I reach the car; if I fall now, Mama will take me to the hospital, that's for sure'.

Meenakshi took a deep breath and was about to walk when Karthik carried her up in princess style.

"What are you doing?" Meenakshi whispered a yell, and in fear of falling down, she encircled her arms around his neck.

"Taking care of my weak wife" Karthik said, walking towards his car.

Meenakshi blushed a little but pouted upon hearing 'weak'. 'She isn't weak! Hmph!'

Meenakshi turned and stared blankly at the highways, where two-wheelers and high-load trucks were moving at high speed.

Aditya opened the backseat door for his aunt. Karthik placed Meenakshi carefully inside the car.

"Take rest now" Karthik said, closing the door.

Meenakshi saw Kushi sleeping peacefully in her baby seat. She smiled, seeing Kushi smiling in her sleep.

"Sorry, it was our fault." Meenakshi heard a female voice. She quickly looked out the window and stared at the road.

"Yeah. We are sorry." she heard another voice say.

"We just got excited; you have a similar soul like us, but you have a human body." an old, cracked voice said to Meenakshi.

Meenakshi looked at Aditya, who was browsing something in his tab, and then at Karthik, who was focused on driving.

'Don't they hear this voice?' Meenakshi thought.

"They can't." another voice said.

"You read my mind." Meenakshi was surprised.

"Yes, we can." said a female voice this time.

Meenakshi suddenly felt dizzy. Ignoring the voices of souls, she slowly closed her eyes as darkness filled them.

***
Meenakshi opened her eyes only to stand in that dark room.

"I never knew I would meet you this early" she heard an energetic voice say.

"Even me" Meenakshi said sarcastically. She doesn't like to be called here again and again.

"I know you don't like to come here, but you are a person of this realm" the God of Soul suddenly appeared in front of her.

"I know I have to come into contact with souls and hear their last words, but should I have to come here every time I contact them?" Meenakshi asked, She doesn't know; what if the soul contacts her in an unknown place and she faints there?

"I know what you are thinking; those two souls who you met in the village are your first encounter. So your body did not handle the inner energy. But now you can hear two or three unfulfilled soul voices without fainting." The God of Soul did a swirl around Meenakshi.

"You said I can handle two or three soul voices at once?" Meenakshi asked the God of the Soul.

"Yes" the God of Soul replied.

"Then why did I come here? I just heard three soul voices before coming here." Meenakshi asked in uncertainty.

"Upon entering highways, you heard one after another soul voice continuously. That highway had numerous accidents before; some lived, some died with unfulfilled wishes. As I said, your limit is three. And you reached your limit" the God of the soul explained to Meenakshi.