• 40

8:30 am; Monday, Shakti Colony :

"Dei, Adi, take your lunch box!" Meenakshi closed the lid of the box and came out of the kitchen carrying Aditya's lunch box and water bottle.

"I said I would eat in the canteen!" Aditya said as he was running towards the shoe rack, which was near the entrance, took out his new pair of shoes which his uncle Markandeyan bought him yesterday, and sat on the sofa.

"No canteen foods!" Meenakshi warned as she kept the box and water bottle inside his bag, which was on the sofa beside him.

"You didn't touch your breakfast?" Meenakshi was done with this; she took the plate from the dining table, tore a piece of dosai, dipped it in sambar, and stuffed it inside Aditya's mouth.

"Chitti, I'm getting late!" Aditya quickly munched the piece his aunt was stuffing inside his mouth.

"Who asked you to play all night?" Karthik said as he descending the stairs with Kushi in his arms, who was rubbing her eyes with a little yawn.

Aditya turned towards his uncle, who got ready in his uniform. He chewed and gulped the dosai and said, "Chittappaaa."

Karthik let Kushi sit on the single-seat sofa. He walked towards the dining table and served himself dosai. He was about to eat when Aditya called him sweetly.

"Didn't you say you would go by goverment bus?" Karthik asked as he ate his dosai and smirked at his nephew.

"Please, Chittappa" Aditya said, making a puppy face that went well with his teenage face.

"Ok, I will drop you" Karthik said, saying what Aditya wanted to hear. He smiled, seeing Aditya jump, but Meenakshi stuffed the dosai inside his mouth.

"Tie the lace properly!" Meenakshi said, she took the empty plate with her to the kitchen; she also took the plate, which Karthik passed her on the way.

"Did you keep everything?" Karthik asked Aditya, who got up and picked up his bag. Dressed in a plaid shirt paired with jeans and white shoes. He completed the look with a smart watch on his left wrist.

"Yes!" Aditya said in excitement, but he saw the time, which was telling him he was going to be late!"One second" Meenakshi hurriedly went inside the poojai room and came back with a small paper fold

"One second" Meenakshi hurriedly went inside the poojai room and came back with a small paper fold. She slowly opened it so the content inside wouldn't spill out.

"Patti gave me this..." Meenakshi said as she took a little amount of vibhuti and drew a small horizontal line on Aditya's forehead. And she asked Karthik to bend to her level so she could do the same.

On the other hand, when Kushi saw she wasn't getting any attention, she slowly tried to climb down from the sofa, which she actually succeeded in. She then walked towards her father and hugged his leg, making him look at her.

"What does my daughter want now?" Karthik picked her up in his arms and nuzzled his face with hers, making her giggle with tickles.

"Kushi, say all the best; Anna is going to college" Aditya said softly in her baby voice. Understanding Aditya's words, Kushi gave Aditya a kiss on the cheek and smiled.

"Good girl!" Aditya pinched her cheeks and went to call his friend, who was also late.

"Again late?" Meenakshi asked Karthik, who gave Kushi to her. He nodded his head, hearing Meenakshi.

"Don't forget to eat on time." Karthik nodded. With a smile, he kissed Meenakshi's forehead while giving a kiss on the cheek to his daughter.

Karthik went outside his home. He waved a bye towards his daughter, who waved with a smile on her face. Meenakshi stood near the gate and smiled at them.

"Dei, come fast, da!" Aditya ran from Tulsi home, opened the back door of the car, and sat inside.

"Coming. Patti, thatha, byee!" Harish hurriedly ran towards the car, dressed in a pair of red hoodies and black jeans with white shoes and a watch that his grandparents had gifted him, as he hung his bag on one side while stuffing the last piece of chappati roll inside his mouth.